April 3rd cruise....?

:ohnoes

:rofl :ohnoes

i actually think it was some kid who wanted to race me with daddies slk55… i think he went turned it down before he approached me wanting to put down 5k for a race lol

ohhhh misread, so he turned your boost down, instead of stealing it. right?

yeah… i knew it was dumb not to have my hood i just couldnt say no to such a nice night… stilllll have to paint it

He wanted to race you for 5K?? Next time you get an offer like that come find me lol. Oh, your car looks pretty sick btw, first time seeing it out.

thanks man, first time at the lot… yeah he was a sketch ball also thought his f-450 dually with chip exhaust and intake would take my 850 whp cummings… i told him i already ran his dad in saratoga and i took him and thats why his car had a ton of soot on it… he wasnt very thrilled when HIS friends laughed at him haha

hahaahha that sounds hilarious!

Also, I saw your car at exit 8 (rolled up at like 5 in the white minivan) then at the lot and didn’t get a chance to talk to you about the car, I love that thing!

why find you > your car is still on stands with no d-train in it :lol

how old are the cams? everything else looks good, however the car should go easy 110+ even on the 9.8 housing.

Cams were ordered and installed by me in Sept 08. Yeah, when I first drove it after parts/tuning, it felt strong. Drove it last night, didnt feel as healthy as before. He’s gonna bring it over for a compression check and new plugs soon.

there have been quite a few cam regrinds since then… if i was him i’d prolly take those hks’s out, put some new kelford 272’s, a 10.5 hotside and a retune and it should go pretty good… my buddy had an 04 VIII with those early hks cams, tune, intake/exhaust and went 114…

I’m more curious as to why the car is not running like it was before. Gonna find/fix that, and then point him in the right direction on making it faster. What should it trap (it made 290 on Moons Mustang dyno)?

pm me and we’ll talk

secret dwight conversations.

oh and for what its worth larry told me they’re HKS 264s

Cool. I’m going to be giving the car a look over soon.

there are much better cams out. Kelfords 272 or the GSC power division stage 2 (274*) then you get into the more aggressive FP line.

HKS 280s are great but the GSC s2’s make about the same power with a better idle characteristic due to less overlap.
FP4R

stay away from BC junk.

I actually knew this… I’m a forum-lurker-lurker-of-cars-I-love-but-do-not-own-for-whatever-reason too :thumbup

you can drop that “too” pal. when youve got the hours into working on cars that i do, we can talk. ive done my evo homework for many years. since they arrived on our shores ive had my hands in them in some way. ive done my time with DSM’s as well.