April 3rd cruise....?

Weather is looking to be nice AS OF NOW for Sat, April 3rd. Anyone wanna set up a decent cruise? Unlike the micromini meet last Saturday, I’ll be there in the Vette:tongue

Was thinking of meeting everyone at the Exit 8 PnR@4PM, and leaving at 5 for the Black Bear Resturant. It’s right off exit 26 of the Northway, roughly an hour north of the PnR. Be a great opprutunity to get some rolling shots, roll races, etc. It’s too hard to have fun on backroads with ‘large’ groups of cars, one slow car (in the group or not) can slow things up, too easy to get split up, etc. We could always shorten it, but keep in mind that traffic typically thins out quite a bit once you get north of exit 19.

As long as the weather is decent and there is no rain in the forecast, I’m in. If it rains and ya’ll still go, I’ll meet you guys there in the beater regardless.

If we get enough interest, I’ll post turn by turn directions from the exit to the resturant-I don’t feel like having to stay in front of the group so everyone can follow me there.

1)Me
2)SSSSSSS
3)Adam (99FRC)
4)Adams sti buddy
5)Adams Evo buddy
6)Larry (my Evo buddy)
7)Moosepie?
8)Chris (AlpineSkiier)
9)Jeff (eatonualive)
10)Grr (dude from ti with some turbo mazda)
11)Cazwrx187

Resturant-

http://adirondackinternet.com/index/blackbear

Directions-

Take exit 26 from the Northway. Take a LEFT off the exit. Come to the first intersection, and the resturant is right there on the RIGHT. Simple.

If its nice out I’d go.

How is the food at this restaurant and the parking lot. My car basically can’t go anywhere

how about u just come to the lot instead of trying to cordinate these “cruises”

word

Because the lot fucking sucks, and it’s gay to stand around a parking lot with a bunch of asshats all night. Don’t wanna come? Don’t reply-simple. Dosen’t matter if we only get 5 people like last time, it’s fun to actually get out and enjoy the ride and the cars.

I remember the food being decent, and the parking lot being very flat. I’ll call to confirm the state of the parking lot here in a bit.

I have to agree. Who the fuck wants to just stand around in a parking lot with a few people you know while dealing with retards who are just going to get themselves/you in trouble.

I’d rather meet up with a bunch of guys with decent cars that I know. Take a nice drive (we are after all dealing with cars), and stop at a nice place to eat on the way to socialize without PR’s and whigs ruining shit.

The lot is fun. If your 16.

+1

Car’s look better in sunlight anyway :lol

if it was sunday id go

Cause no one wants to keep taking the same stupid ass cruises up north either

Go west to the finger lakes :lol

I’d be down. Bombing up the northway is always a fun time.

I actually drove up past exit 26 (by MYSELF) a few days ago just to blow off some stress. Midterm week ftl.

Oh, and lot = white trash fag land :wink:

I’d worry about troopers though if people are going to be stuntin’. They’re all over the northway now, even up past LG I see them sitting there just waiting to generate some revenue off of people like you and I.

Loop FTW.

It’s the same as standing around in the same stupid ass parking lot, dealing with the same stupid ass people and the same stupid ass pile of SHIT cars that come out.

How many times are you guys going to stare at the same turbocharged hondas and primered f-bodies in the SAME parking lot driven by the SAME people every weekend before you get bored with yourselves? :lol I guess it’s one thing to go and laugh at the IDIOTS that go there, but in the same sense you are still associating yourselves with them.

Maybe I just never got into the whole “lot” thing and am missing some points. shrug

This.

How about we cruise to a picnic area or some SHIT up north so that I can fire up my camp grill that I have been DYING to use since last year’s pandemic of “PnR is the new LOT” :vlad

I dont stand in parking lots all night. Id go cruise around but these clowns do the same meet at exit 8 and go north every single time

87 is fun to cruise on though. Nice and smooth, too.

I don’t care where we end up as long as it heads north, simply because heading north works for the guys that travel south (me, 99FRC, the new guy from Granville, SRS BZNS, etc), to meet up in the first place. Whatever we decide, it’s gotta happen soon-last weekend, someone drove all the way from Granville to the Saratoga Applebees for nothing, because they didn’t check the tread at the last minute.

As far as grilling locations go, I’m pretty sure there are picnic tables at the rest areas between exits 23-24 and 27-28 (heading north), and also at the rest area near exit 27 and 24 heading south. Thing with that idea, is that if you (Alpine) back out, it’s gonna leave everyone trying to decide to do something else.

So don’t post and don’t come, simple.