Shift518 cruise 10/04/09: Now updated with meeting place and time!

I’m not talking some shitty cruise up Rt.9 to Lake George. It’s getting to be autumn, and the foliage is changing, so I thought of something on my way to and from Potsdam.

Long Lake. Some of you who have been on one of the APG cruises may remember the restaurant we went to. It was on a lake, and there were several planes there made for water landings. They had pretty decent food, but the cruise along was fun. It was around 2hrs away, which may be a bit much to some of the cheaper guys on here, but it’s just an idea. We’d take 87 to Exit 23, then follow Rt. 9 to Rt 28 or 30. It’s a fun drive, and the roads are very fun to drive on. This isn’t going to be any sort of race, so all speed limits should be obeyed. I really want to avoid anyone going sssssssssssssssideways at 150+mph. Just a normal cruise with some fun to drive cars before autumn really hits. So who’s in?

Date is October 4th. This is a Sunday.
Meeting at WILTON MALL, SEARS parking lot at 9am.

We will wait until 9:15am and then we will be rolling out, starting our route.

1. Cossey
  2. Vlad
  3. psi2high
  4. 99FRC
  5. Johawk + pass
  6. kdubs
  7. KillerBlackbird
  8. Dread
  9. SRS BZNS
  10. RocketPunch
  11. 6SPD EG
  12. slwrthnu

Prolly some more that I may have missed.

Overview of route:

Id be game

I would be down to go BUT that is the day we are doing the show for that little boy in West Lebanon with Leukemia. If you have another date in mind keep me posted. Our is just a simple 10 dollar show with top 25 along with some specialties and games at Mr.Eds in Saratoga Springs off of Route 29 going to Schuylerville. Not jackin your thread just thought I would inform you just incase…

id be down if my truck was still on the road :frowning:

I am well aware, but I’m not going to the show. This is for people that are not going to the show, or who have nothing better to do that weekend. This is a simple free (minus gas + food) trip to do what cars were made to do.

o ok…I like going to cruises we use to do this cruise to VT in the fall and get on the fairy cruise arond and take the fairy back good times…

Cossey what about a booze cruie to Magic hat brewery. Up RT 9n through fort Ticonderoga into vermont to burlington. Nice drive nice road pics at the fort park then samples of beer and dinner in burlington. Would be a great day trip same distance/drive time i beleive too.

Its a more populated route too incase someone breaks down

very tempting, fall nationals is the same weekend and i have a huge cruise the next weekend…we will see.

I’d have to drive that route first. I know the cruise to Long Lake is beautiful, especially this time of year. I’m a sucker for lakes w/ a lot of reflection.

I sense a touge battle.

I suggest less highway. Maybe start at exit 16ish and use side roads to get upto exit 23 area.

Won’t take much longer than highway if route is planned proper but a much better ride.

you can take RT9 all the way up to rt 28 to long lake

That’s an idea.

I remember there is also a road that goes right by Gore mountain that heads up there too.

I am in.

no can do, gotta work, and its my pops’ 55th birthday as well.

Ahh SHIT, day after my bday!! My car sucks on long cruises though :frowning:

Man up. I’ll bring the tow rope and hook for the 911, I think it has enough torque to get you home.

my car is in aprox. a million and one pieces right now. i have been itching to go on a cruise with it too…

Anybody hike? Driving right by Blue Mountain lake we could stop and hike up Blue Mountain, I hiked it last October by myself and its a real easy hike with great views from the fire tower. Be a nice little addition to the cruise, took me 1.5 hours to get to the top at a very easy pace and I got back down in 25 minutes basically running the whole way.

I might be in…

I need to find in car audio or good earplugs before then and now