APS Twin Turbo 350z vs Modded S4 Avant

But to ask if he’s sure the s4 was modded when it held up nicely against a TT 350z, is pretty retarded.

Stock 2.7 tt s4’s are pretty slow. Semi fast for being a heavy pig, but still a fat heavy pig.

pretty much sums it up. re: the numbers, I’m putting down only 353hp / 34x tq at 8psi but the powerband is linear and as fat as can be, with a torque curve that’s nice and flat. I will probably turn up the boost to 15-18ish next summer but it’s PLENTY for now :wink:

If you start talking like this you’re gonna have to explain “area under the curve” to this n00b too, and then we could be here all night. :lol:

X…

uncorrected (on a 93 degree humid-as-fuck day in GA)

s4’s are slow and ghey

edit: joe knows enough about s4’s to know that fun runs count :slight_smile:

:bloated:

so youre telling me that they dont trap near 98 when stock?

My statement was in reference to whoever was asking if the s4 was stock or not. I didn’t say anything about how fast they can be when modded.

Stock s4s are not fast.

they do trap 98 when stock. modded k03 s4 have trapped 114, but thats rare. most will trap 105-108, k04 cars are now up to 120-124 and are starting to consistatnly hit high 11’s. there are a few ful weight low 11 s4’s but they are not plain k04 cars. i know of an s4 that has some pretty serious work done to it that has hit low 11’s with only the rear seat out, street tires and no juice. trap was 124. highest stock exhaust manifold trap is 128 afaik.

I have not had mine to a 1/4 mile track yet but, these are some numbers off of a time slip from a Stock S4 from another forum I am on.
60 foot (sec) : 1.840
1/8 mile (sec): 8.701
1/4 mile (sec): 13.629
MPH: 99.95

And to (Haenszel) who said they all run 11’s here is a 9 Sec S4…
http://oz.sss.org.pl/oz9.93.MOV

And to (Xander) who said something about a linear graph here is one for ya.
I am no n00b. Not a whole lot of power but pretty flat IMO.
http://goapr.com/Audi/images/dyno_s4_stage_i.gif

I love dyno graphs that look like a 6 year old drew them with a box of 12 Crayolas.

My bad, I meant to quote 01audiS4’s post.

lol, um… thanks brent?

:tup:

im pretty sure he was talking about the graph 01audiS4 linked

Nice dyno Dave. Although it looks like it could use some more tuning it is very flat just like dirty dave’s last year. Don’t forget to bring the car by when you turn up the boost we get dibs on a ride. :wink:

+1.

i beg to differ… riding in o1audis4’s car… threw me hardcore back in the seat felt just like it pulled 1G it was nuts… that car is pretty damn fast. i will say that

you have a 3g eclipse in your sig, your opinion of “fast” does not count, now please go cut yourself :hay:

PS, APR is complete utter shit, thanks, have a nice day. don’t get me wrong I actually really like the B5 S4 (spent a lot of time driving Aiman’s car, even if he lied about k04s etc it wasn’t exactly SLOW) but uh yeah, it would take one heavily modded one to keep up w/ the Z and it’s still slow right now…

ahh… word

I hate charts that do not have the same scale for torque and hp, it makes numbers seem inflated

yup. at least when it comes to the b5 s4. although their off the shelf kit just went 11.5 at 5000 ft elevation in a full weight s4. spare, jack, everything in the car