are new pistons worth it???

i finally found a site that supplies aftermarket pistons/rods for my qr25 engine(about time), anyway, what is the typical power increase by adding them. and are they worth it?

Not unless you plan on going with high compression for a N/A setup or low compression for forced induction. Save your money.

x2

Or if you just feel like tearing the engine apart and building it stronger.

Where are you looking to go with the car? boost or n/a? or are ya just looking at the catalogs and buying pretty things?

Also aside from are you going NA or boost, what about the rods? I could have sworn i’ve read a few places that the QR doesn’t have the worlds greatest rods (might be wrong on this but look around i’m sure you’ll get some answers). If I were you i’d at least research that first, no point to buying pistions if the rods aren’t going to workout for what you want to do anyways.

i knew a guy on another forum whos good friend had a se-r. turbo’d it and only could run like psi. thing blew up and now he added pistons and rods i do believe. pushing good power now.

if you dont plan to turbo it then dont worry about it for now

A friend of mine has a 04 spec v. He turboed it and he is only running like 6 or 7psi but it needs tuning. The stock ecu is tuning itself but it still pulls like crazy.

you were just talking about how you wanted to be the first with 175whp and nothing more for your car. why in the world would you install stronger aftermarket internals when your stock internals will more than suffice for your power goal.

Jimmy

i was just curious on the power increase.

i got new picstons and it hooked me up with 11ty billion horsepower… to the wheels of course

what is the compresion ratio now?

honda guys go from like 155whp with 10:1 to around 190 whp with like 12.3:1
on the same bore and stroke

they have 2 different sets. one is 8.5 something, and the other is 10.1 or something. i have no idea what any of it means. i never tore apart an engine, and i have no clue what the difference is. i was looking to build a good, strong n/a motor. if there isn’t significant powetr gains, im not doing it.

10:1 sounds like stock or barely over stock. They would probably be stronger but if you’re staying N/A there is not a real big need to change pistons right now. Spend the money of more bang for your buck mods.

stock is prob around there a stock type r is 11:1