ARGH INSPECTION

ok for all of you OBDII guys how many of you with emissions deletes actually got your car to pass the computer? or does everyone use a sticker off of another car?

I had my car tuned to shut off alot of the codes, it still passes the plug in obd2 test with a tbird ecu, and a mustang motor with a blower.

I do have 2 of the 3 factory cats, so it passes visual (I take it to a couple guys I know).

im not concerned about the visual, just the computer portion. do you have egr or air?

I have a full egr system hooked up.

If you want to get it to pass, you need to get a tuner to shut off certain codes, and still make it so it passes readyness tests.

i pass :wave:

no AIR
no EGR
no CATS
rear O2s not even hooked up

i pass without a problem.

so with that stuff tuned out it passed the computer portion of inspection?..i guess i just misread your nyfbody post. i thought u meant with my obdII pcm tuned i wouldnt pass, not with an obdi swap

not sure of the LT1 tuning stuff, but for LS1s you can tune out whatever codes you want. You gotta look into if LT1 software can do that.

Trying to swap OBDI into your OBDII car will be an instant failure.

^ i deff know it can be done S-10 guys do it all the time, and 96-2001 has Lt-1 computers, 2002 Has LS-1 Computers. Try finding LT-1 Edit. You can tune the computer to shut off codes, you can also delete the flags the computer will put out (SES) Its actually very easy.

cant afford lt1 edit at the moment :confused:

You prob have the ls6 intake mani which doesn’t have egr or air and then offroad longtubes and then you know someone to pass visual?

shawn you can turn off all the shit you want, thats easy. Its the readness monitiors you need to complete thats hard. you can only have 2 uncomplete on you car

yea thats the part im worried about. i wasnt sure if deleting air, egr etc in the pcm would set it as ready or not ready. if i get 02 sims they would be ready correct? if thats the case then egr and air can be not ready and pass, im not worried about the visual the least bit haha.

is this for a LS1 or LT1 - for my ellis juan I just put everything to “report no error” and all the readiness flags default to OK - complete , easy as pie. Just hook a scanner first before you go to ensure your not wasting your time.

u dont need to have 3 to pass anywhere.

Fault enabled = #1
Fault type = #3

Just make sure you do a few drive cycles for the readyness monitors to be good.