As of spring.

I just got off the phone with a mechanic of mine in B.C.

Apparantly a ministry of transport official came by to see my GT-R.

I know this guy and he is very easy going and lenient.

Not the hard ass type at all.

What he had to say was that as of this spring…the rule on imports is being changed to 25years.

…I dont know who to speak to on this but this would be a huge thing if it is true.

Anyone else heard anything of this sort?

There are so many so called connected (not to mob) guys that say this or that. Ignore it until it happens.

This is coming from an official I know who doesnt say anything unless it means something.

I’d like to know before it happens…I think everyone would.

Ive heard that the rule is changing and this and that and blah blah blah, but this was an actual notice that as of a certain time…that worries me.

Don’t be worried about it. They will likely adopt the Australian import model. Not good not bad, just different. Each has pros and cons.

why does it worry you ?!

you have 2 jdm’s …

Only one now but regardless they are already here.

And if they go with the Australian model there we can import newer cars (with modificaitons to them to meet safety regs) plus older cars with no requirements for mods.

i would rather have the australian law,and if they do they 25 year thing i will probably have to :vom:
if they did change the law to 25 i wonder how long it would last with so many people importing now,i know i would try to start a mob… :axe:

still two JDM’s, one is almost sold but awaiting some things on the other end.

Im worried becuz I have a car in Tohoku that Im about to purchase and project for this upcomming summer.

If Spring see’s the end of JDM imports 15years of age then Ill be out a car I might have worked over half a year on.

i guess on a positive note, if this does pass, the value of all the jdm vehicles already imported would increase.

I was thinking about the same thing, but on a different line. . .
S14’s would become uber rare as the years go on. . . :stuck_out_tongue:

…true.