Ask Bing

dude,
i give you props
hopefully you can change the market on son so that everyone isnt lowballers any more.
I hope you get every penny your asking

but matty
please tell me the difference between me buying something off someone from this board for cheap,
then selling for what its worth.

and you buying a clip for cheap from someone,
then selling it for what its worth on this board.

yes you can. Send it back to me and i will send you a brand new one.

I can list the people who make money off people on this board
but that would include almost every OLD G on here.

Its just so funny, and pathetic
that you guys take the Stereotypical jabs at me,
but when Im in front of you, your mouths stay shut.
Im not even a big guy,
Talk to me when you get original and arent using GT gregs lines.

pffft.

Tim, do you know why I organised my track days to begin with?

Stop being an idiot dude. When you find out why, then come talk to me. And if really have a problem with me, call me right now, class starts in 20 mins. So I have some time.

Mark,

“Stop being an idiot dude.”

I already talked to you man,
now you know how I feel.

I haven’t even started
I’m just responding.

We get it mark, you have cool quips, comments, and jabs.
your edgey, we get it!

but you have to realize,
if your gunna go around shit talking on the forums all day long,
chances are your gunna press some buttons that gives a response.

I tried calling you once already,and the comments are still coming.
I’d rather meet you in person now.

Chill out on your stupid comments.

i dont think anyone ever claimed that nobody made any money hosting a track day

or doing a group buy

of course i make money doing group buys, i always make sure there a couple of hundred bucks in it for me otherwise why would I do it? I’m the one spending the time to set it all up, workout the bulk discount and travel to the US to get them. I deserve some money for my time as far as I’m concerned.

Also, please take note that I’ve never once bashed you or even mentioned anything about you making a profit - I know nothing about that situation.

tim ive got no beef with you, if you had an eye and made a few bucks, then all you are in my eyes is a businessman

but for the record, this clip wasnt cheap, believe me. i kinda lucked out because when it arrived there was alot more then was listed on it. each time i go out there to remove parts or check somehting out, im finding something new.

just lucky i guess, its still a gamble tho because the market might not want to pay my prices

some of my parts are going to move fast, others ill be stuck with all winter
ive thought about keeping this sr motor ever day, but i just cant swing it

son is a tough market to sell to, but not because everyone is a lowballer, alot of guys are just building as a hobby so theyre on a budget. i myself am one of those guys. i couldnt afford mst of the parts im selling, which is why i know proffits will be thin, but if i play my cards right, they will be there.

business is a gamble, if it was easy everyone would do it
i dont use a lot of the stuff ive learned in my 3 years of university business training because, well frankly, its a car club, and im a pretty easy going guynto deal with when it cmoes to fellow enthusiast

im deterring tho, i dont even know what i was saying at first anymore

anywho, im done with this thread

later gents

play nice

Tim, how about this, you go your way, I go mine.

thats the point:

EVERYONE MAKES MONEY IN LIFE

if you dont,
you fail at life.

Everyone doesnt it in different ways.

At least I’m not taking deposits and running away with them like Kevin grey & black did to a dozen or so people on neo240sx.ca

group buys +1
track events +1
I dont care if money is made,
im just saying , thats the principal
Its just you guys make me look bad because I like making money.
When the truth is everyone does.

If you bought a sr20det for 50 bucks,
does that mean your going to sell it for 50?

I didnt think you’d want to talk in person…

:rolleyes:

If you wanna come down to Oakville then sure.

Wooooow… There’s some serious hatorade bein drank here.
IMO, there’s profit, and there’s profit.
I actually believe that John makes only enough off of his GB’s so that it’s not a complete waste of his time. I dunno how true that is, but nigga’z stuff is always so dirty cheap, I can’t think he’s making money off me. The other reason I think it’s this way, is b/c he doesn’t do it often. Call me crazy, but I actually think that he’s just sharing his hookup with the rest of us, as a favour to other car enthusiasts.

To me, there are several levels of business, people like John, that do it to benefit others. People like Bing, Phil & Vince, Varun, etc… that go through the trouble and effort of developing a business that supplies various lines of either their own products, or work as a distributor and make money off it, and people that just buy cheap & sell high. I personally think that the last category are douchebags, but that’s just my own opinion.

IMO, making money off of people that share the same hobby with me is fundamentally wrong. I will never do it. To this day, I can say that I’ve never sold anything for a profit in my life. I’ve also never bought anything with the purpose of reselling it.

EDIT: Bing you lazy cunt, where’s my dating advice?

is there going to be a fight???i`ll start takin bets

why am i posting here…

antonio,
I appreciate the praise but you definitely make me sound a little more bit more like an angel than I actually am.

I wouldn’t do it if there was nothing in it for me - but at the same time, I have no expectation of making “good” money or a big markup on what I sell.

My absolute most sincere way of explaining why I sell parts here is that I do it so that I can get cheap parts at wholesale for myself when the time comes. For myself and for my good friends who are fellow enthusiasts. In order to keep a wholesale account you need to keep it active and in order to get better pricing you need to build a good relationship with your representitive(s) and make them some money while you’re at it. Hense the repeated tire group buys.

I also get some satisfaction from the many many comments I’ve gotten through doing the tire group buys which has also been encouragement to keep it going.

I’m having fun with it right now and I don’t believe the tire thing is stepping on anyone’s toes so I’ll probably continue to do it until I get bored or until there is no more demand for it.

<3

I dunno, I base my opinion on the pricing I’ve gotten from you, and the fact that you don’t promote yourself. If I was in something to make money, I’d be telling people to buy from me. I didn’t even know I could buy from you until someone told me it. No lie.

I must have been the only sucker who made no money from any one here. What ever I sold I sold at cost or less and I hooked up so many people with deals from our suppliers at the dealership I used to work at and never made a cent from anyone because I never looked at SON as a business but more of a bunch of good people or a car club or a 240sx family who enjoyed the same interests as me.
The greed is getting to you people.

Oh and for anyone wondering YES im still in Europe! …almost 4 months now. Daaaaaaaaammmmnnn!

I could try making a living by selling parts etc. to various forums but Im such a nice guy I would probably go broke due to the deals and hook up’s I would give.
So instead here I am an independent car broker at the other side of the world importing cars from USA and Canada into Europe for various dealers here, away from my home, my friends and family and from the one and only thing that provides me with true love and never complains about my bad habbits or behaviour or anything…My 240sx!
She is just sitting there in the garage with a triked out SR under the hood patiently waiting for me to get back and take her for a nice 4am suicidal rip as I take my anger and frustrations out on the road…she makes it all go away, only at the brink of disaster all those problems seem to go away because the faster and faster you go the smaller lifes problems seem to get and only then you start to realize what is important in life and that’s your health and well being and then you take a deep breath, you start to slow down and you have left your problems behind because you are just happy to be alive and all those big problems don’t seem so big any more…Oh God I miss her so much.

…Okay I go cry now…bye!

Oh and all you guys fighting over who made how much and where and how and why and blah blah blah… your sitting there sweating it and aggravating your selfs for nothing.

Try my therapy it works!..if it doesn’t work your not pushing it to the limit. :wink:

Take care all…I might be back to Canada for a month around the Christmas holidays but then I got to come back to Europe again.

You’re still alive? :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh yea, damn you for not being at Prestige anymore. Bastards messed with me soooo much and gave me so much trouble when I bought my car there, the entire time I was cursing the fact that you’re not manager there anymore :lol:

Hey speed demon you want to take a stab at my site?
what are you doing to help the streets tell me?
YOu think its easy paing for your own tutiion and car and insurance and your own bills and run a site? NO ITS NOT.
so mind your own fuckin businesss