Asset Forfeiture Law - Cops Pull Ya Over & Take Yo Stash!

I never knew the police could do this. Interesting watch for those who drive with large amounts of cash:

All i can think of when i watch this is the video of the law professor that says dont talk to the police for any reason without a lawyer present

This type of misuse of a law meant to do some good is horrible. That one comment by the officer about good luck proving it , you’ll burn it up in lawyer fees.
So they’re telling you walk away , this is ours. America you’re in a mess.

He was pulled over for breaking the law (tint and movie playing), they found marijuana in the car, and a large amount of cash. Cops suck.

True, however there should be recourse to get your money back, in full, without the red tape that might cause someone to lose their business.

Hardly. Pointing out an abuse by a minority doesn’t correlate to an inference that the majority is complicit.

What a great future we have in store for us.

I dont remember what the amount wa .1 or .01 gram. That is a bit absurd

That just means at one point, there was drugs in the car. I can tell you with confidence that I don’t have 0.00001 grams of marijuana in my car.

And the police just don’t understand why incidents like the ambush in PA and Rochester happen. Stuff like this feeds the borderline crazy.

This sucks, but then again I’m not a drug user/dealer so I don’t have to worry about this bullshit if I ever actually get pulled over.

I think that’s the whole idea… is that you DO…

If some corrupt cop is pulling me over, he’s going to get MAYBE $4-5 out of me.

Unless you’re carrying a “guap” of cash, you have nothing to worry about.

That is a great video. He is originally from Buffalo.

Educate yourself as it’s your best defense.

Correct. Asset forfiture has been used and abused by smaller municipalities to cover the widening funding gap due to cut backs in budgets, especially in the recession. When they can’t legally take money the feds are called in and it becomes a federal case then the feds funnel back 80% of what is taken to the municipality. Corruption all the way up. There is legislation being proposed on Capitol Hill to amend this practice.

The public should stopped being viewed as an ATM and in places such as Ferguson, MO this is one of the main arguments from the community. Ferguson and the St. Louis county area has been listed as the worst in terms of police corruption and targeting of minorities for fines.

• Updated - - -

You are missing the point. In this country it shouldn’t matter whether I’m carrying $5 or $500,000. I should be free to move about unmolested and free of search and seizure without a warrant. This is the modern day and literal equivalent to highway robbery.

You seem to have missed the point, you don’t have be a dealer or user to have your money seized. The American way…it’s somebody else’s problem until it happens to them personally.

• Updated - - -

If you earned that “guap” through legit means you shouldn’t have the right to carry it? Yes, it’s foolish and increases your risk but LEO shouldn’t be part of the risk profile.

cops are no longer human. they have become brain washed robots, slaves for the NWO agenda. the problem is people are not united. if they where imagine 50000000 million armed rebel Americans vs the police and armed forced and FEMA the war would last a day at most and a new government would be put into place. and then it would only be a mater of time tell the new power dose the same thing. man with power = bad things men by nature seek more and more power and control always seeking more, history just repeats itself over and over again as it has for thousands of years.

lol. couldn’t have said it better!

As a lawyer, I endorse this message.

You won’t believe how many times I’ve gotten out of trouble simply by placing both of my hands on the wheel and shutting the fuck up other than to tell the officer when I plan to reach for my wallet or open the glovebox to get my registration.

It’s really terrible that it gets abused. If you knew how much money came in from Asset forfeiture locally, you’d blow your mind. When I heard how much money is taken in annually this way, I was appalled. It’s totally a huge racket too…because even when they seize actual drugs, the federal government basically exchanges the drugs for money back to municipalities to “take the drugs off the streets” but all that really boils down to is using our tax dollars to purchase drugs and then lock them in a basement to let them rot.

I would bet money on legalizing drugs being MORE profitable than this BS war on drugs shit. Tax anyone willing to use the drugs instead of taxing all of us to stash them away and stop investing in “the war on drugs”

Yet another victim of the war on drugs- a confidential informant told the police that this guy had bags of coke in his house, they executed a no-knock raid (which shouldn’t ever be used on minimal info like that, or a drug raid) the guy shot back, killed an officer, and is now facing murder charges.

oh, and there were no drugs found in his residence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/05/16/no-drugs-found-in-raid-that-claimed-the-life-of-texas-police-officer/

i know I would shoot back of I woke up to someone kicking down my door one morning. Realistically this could happen to any one of us, with how easily the police act on bad information.

No-knock raids are done by a group of people wearing POLICE insignia, yelling POLICE. If you shoot back, you should probably face your decisions, just as an officer would if he shoots someone he should not have.

• Updated - - -

Can you explain about the asset forfeiture you are talking about. Unless it is linked to crime, the police don’t keep the forfeitures… So any money that came from it, that they keep, is a good thing, because it was linked to crime.