At what point does an Xsome become an orgy? (mathematical proof)

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:19,topic:39521"”]

Fuck that noise.

I am with Jim, I <3 the fact that my profession the most math I need is on a high school level haha.

[/quote]

Yeah mine was the same way. its all simple adding/subtracting and some multiplying/deviding. I loved working as a plumber lol. I gotta find a job with actual plumbing co. as opposed to Darien Lake. Chiepest mofos around.

man JEG, will your spelling ever improve? chiepest, deviding

[quote=“SkunkApe,post:4,topic:39521"”]

i dont understand why i am somehow brought up in every thread lol.

ihi.

[/quote]

well maybe you shouldnt have picked yellow

[quote=“FightinMike,post:17,topic:39521"”]

This wouldnt really fall into game theory, and Nash Equilibrium would definately not apply, unless you see sex as a 2 player competition with perfect information

[/quote]

i know. i just was looking at that yesterday. thought it was a little interesting, and wondering who was familiar with it. myself, i hate calculus, and advanced multi-variable stuff is not in my realm. i hope i dont have to deal with it later on with business

Game theory is pretty interesting, a lot of counter-intuitive results arise from the basic theorems. It has pretty much endless applications in finance, business, even psychology. Last semester I took a course on it at UB, funny part is, some of it gets so confusing even the professor (who specializes in number theory and game theory) has trouble explaining some of the answers.

i haven’t had good luck with calc professors at UB. by that i mean, i can’t translate thick middle eastern accents that speak at volume 2/10 :banghead:

Johnny Ringland >*
Ann Peach was good too

i had mr durka durka durka… and mr durka durka doo

at canisius i had an american dude, but he was a little eccentric and kinda looked like a hippie. he wore the same vest every day the whole semester

Ringland was meh,
Cusick is an amazing teacher, as is Busch.

There are a lot more professors i dont like than do, with all that money and such a good reputation, you would think UB would care about the quality of its professors when it comes to teaching. There are a few decent ones in the math dept, but most are there for that fat research cash, and only teach because they’re forced to.

$$$ comes from research for the school, not from teaching.

[quote=“RedGoober4Life,post:30,topic:39521"”]

$$$ comes from research for the school, not from teaching.

[/quote]

yes, and this is the underlying problem right here.

I’m lucky that ALL the professors in my program actually really give a shit about their teaching.

It’s that, but more so a problem with courses that nobody wants to teach. Introductory courses are pretty boring for most professors.

I think the ChemE department wants to keep UG happy so that they will consider grad school. They’re competing with industry. With the current stagnation in research funding for 2008, industry is becoming more and more lucrative for the bright students.

Science in America isn’t doing so well.

You may want your bro to look over your math equation derivations. Dude knows whats up in that department.