ATE Super Blue BANNED in the US

:dunno:I was sure there will be no more color issues in Ammorica after the last election:scratch:

Yes, but I know he has a sense of humor. I hope one if his children showed it to him. He can spare a few minutes lol

I’m not too “clear” on this situation.

Racist.

BTW, first time seeing your Miata “in person”. Looks dope. I really wish I could buy it. Keep it and I will buy it from you this spring. Seriously.

I need to pick some of this up. Who’s got it haha

Saw this on another forum a few days ago. Thanks a lot, Obama

stupid, but not a big deal… now somebody just needs to do a how to on making brake fluids into different colors if possible

THANKS OBAMA!

who gives a shit? Motul RBF 600 is better, and it’s pee yellow in color.

They do, Type 200

Good read on the subject: Keep Color Choices Fluid | The Truth About Cars

…It turns out that brake fluid is the only automotive fluid whose color is explicitly regulated, at least on a federal level. A long search through the NHTSA’s standards didn’t turn up any evidence that antifreeze, automatic transmission fluid, oil, windshield washer spray, power steering fluid, or any other kind of liquid is explicitly regulated by color.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/489/950/683.gif

Confirmed.

Their Type-200 is the same thing and falls into the amber color so that should be fine. I’m pretty sure the only reason for it was to make it easier to flush old fluid but for some reason no-one knows about the 200 and everyone always runs blue. If ATE is smart they’ll come out with a clear one (if possible) to make it a bit easier to bleed.

I actually just switched to RBF660 since it’s got even better specs.

Been doing the ATE type 200 to ATE blue switch for years. Made fluid changes so easy to tell when you were done flushing the system. Seems like such a stupid thing to regulate.

Damn. I still have a sealed container of this stuff. Probably worth three hookers now.

I want to know why the government is even focusing on this.