ATT people

So i just got my first bill. and it looks like im being charged in advance for next months service?

My bill came in at 215 dollars

now i only have an Iphone lowest 550 per month family plan + unlimited messaging and another line

Shouldnt be more then 160 per month.

But the thing that irks me, is that my plan started on 07/22 and first billing cycle ended on 08/01

They have lines for partial billing on the bill for that time period.

But then there is another box, which shows the $$ for 08/02-09-01 and that is where the pain starts

this bill is due on 08/27

Does ATT actually expect me to pay ahead on a cell phone? thats insane

I think you’re seeing pro-rated charges for your last billing cycle combined with your current cycle.

Call 611 or visit the website. AT&T will probably be able to offer a better explanation.

I actually dont think I have every used a cell company that DOESN’T pro-rate the first two months…

i thought of that, but nope

http://www.viper966.com/bill1.jpg
http://www.viper966.com/bill2.jpg

Paying for the month of september on september 27th? OMGZ THATS TRRBLE!

people actually pay for their phones still? I thought all companies paid for their employee’s phones these days.

no, ur wrong

the issue is, that im in the middle of the time for 08/02-09-01

the bill for this is due 08/27

meaning i have to pay 5 days before this term is over…

its kind of strange that ur paying ahead for a non fixed rate service.

for sprint you always paid AFTER your billing cycle was up, so you pay the overages etc for that cycle

I meant their live chat on the website. I’ve used it a number of times to get questions about my billing answered and found it to be very helpful. Or call them which would be even better. Their people are trained to be able to explain billing policies and you may just get a reduction if you feel you’ve been charged unjustly and are nice about it.

You pay for the service for the upcoming month and the usage for the past month. theyre all the same.

I just had a semi-freakout as well when I opened up my first bill.

They prorated the last month, as well as included the upcoming, no biggie.

Yup my 1st bill was about $115 because of prorated charges.

I fail to see the big issue here.

industry standard: pay a month in advance. they all do it.

i cant believe you didnt come over to the bungalow to ask that.

edit: att should have told you bout your first bill…

+1

To make it worse I was looking at it on my iPhone originally so it was hard to zoom out enough to see the big picture of the bill to figure it out.

Once I got home and looked at it on a big screen where I could see the whole invoice at once I realized what was going on.

yeah, think mine was about the same give or take (it was a while ago). They were a regular 85.00 or so after that

If anything about my mobile phone bill is going to piss me off it’s the almost $10 in gov’t charges and taxes on the damn thing. Although, I can see this being reduced soon as mobile phones become more a commodity than the luxury they were once thought as.

Thats nothing my bill

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4256&d=1208438819

holy out of focus!

wait, you mean my cell phone doesn’t have a macro lens?

shit :io:

all providers bill you ahead of time