Attempted a tire change at walmart...

Its a tire and lube center man. They use the tools walmart provides them. Most of them bareley make enough to buy a snap on socket set

Thats fine then, if thats the case it should be up to the shop super to realize that the most used socket they need is MIA and get another one. Or put up a sign at the counter “We are currently unable to change tires for 99% of all cars in production because we don’t have a 17MM socket to utilize, please go elsewhere dont waste 1.5 hrs of your time here.”

Thats like me saying I cant fix your server because NYS didn’t give me a keyboard. :rofl

That one of Curry Rd has that hot blonde in electronics

Pics or ban :tongue

I gotta ween myself of Walmart Auto. Problem is, it’s right across the street from work so it makes it hard because it’s SUPER convenient.

They always nick my rims.

The last place I would bring your car to would be walmart!

I drove by the Monroe joint or what ever it is on Wolf rd next to the NYS DOT & TacoBell joint… and on the lift was a Silver Ferrari! No fucking way would I let those goons touch my Ferrari!

Hate to break it to you but there are some very good mechanics that work for monro. I worked in their shops for over 2 years and in all honest there weren’t any more idiots working there then any other shop and plenty of very experienced and knowledgable techs. There is nothing more complicated about mounting a set of low pro tires on a Ferrari then a vette or john ricers civic. In all honest I think I’ve counted about 4 other professional mechanics on here. Not saying the rest of you guys (and roughly 3 girls) can’t spin a wrench, but you have no idea how hard it really is to earn an honest buck spinning a wrench.

http://www.vesoloski.eti.br/blog/uploaded_images/Ferrari-Enzo-roda-wheel-794351.jpg

Sort of the same…

I’m guessing his point was more, “why trust some random tech with a big $$$$ car?” than “all monroe employees are monkeys.”

one of my best techs is a younger kid that just thinks straight and cares about what es doing as if he cares about the work that hes doing on vehicles

I’m guessing his point was more, “why trust some random tech with a big $$$$ car?” than “all monroe employees are monkeys.”[/quote]

In my experience when somebody is refered to as a “goon” it’s generally not in a posative manner and is general to imply a lack of inteligence. Nothing against KK personally, but it would be like me making nasty comments about NYS state workings and trust me there are plenty of them. Where my agravation come from is the general opinion of most forum jockies that techs/mechanics are just out to screw consumers out of as much money as possible and that chain shops are crooked and just bang you for every dollar your worth. I have personally worked in 2 different MONRO shops for just shy of 3 yrs to support myself through college and all but 2 of the techs in both shops were very good at what they do and cared about their job. To put that in a percentage that was roughly 10% of the work force that were jerk offs and they didn’t last long, because the managers got rid of them. Not to be a dick, but my father has worked for the state for 30+ yrs and has working in the same building as KK for about half that time. From dinner table conversation with him I would definetly ball park the same ratio for NYS only difference is they don’t fire people due to budgetary reasons or unions. I’m absolutely not busting on state workers at all, just got some e muscles going and tired of people dumping on techs that work at chain places because thats the only job they can get. Like the old saying goes not everybody can be a rocket scientist the world needs ditch diggers too. However that doesn’t give you or I that does better than that any right to look down on them. If anything you should say thankyou for them giving a shit enough to have a job and work in NYS. end rant

Well said.

If you have to come to WalMart come to me, I work at the one in New Brunswick. If a tool is MIA our shop supervisor has been there 18 years and is willing to take it off the shelf or buy it outright. I know WalMart isn’t known for above and beyond, but if you NEED to go to a Tire Center in WalMart, come to mine. In my year of being there, they have messed up a total of one car, and it was because something was already broken (an oil drain plug). I would trust any of those techs with my car on any given day.

You can make fun of state workers all you want… As your father knows, its just as retarded and ass backwards here as it is anywhere else. Everyday the shit I deal with pisses me off because of the retards that make retarded decisions and generally screw stuff up all day long. and like you said, its hard to get fired for being an idiot… which is wrong. I dont like fitting stereotypes… I bust my balls to do whats right and get shit done. Others here just come in to work, get paid and go home.

I do love the mini rant I spurred for you though, with such a simple hypothetical opinion lasting 11 words! :rofl

I did in fact only mean my comment to sound like “I spent $150K on a car, I can afford to pay someone $200 an hr to change my tires (or what ever was going on when i saw the car on the lift) and not take chances that someone who works on Ford Focus’ and Dodge Colts a majority of the time will damage one of my $5K wheels or $1000 tires.” Thats the jest of my comment.

KK is an equal opportunity hater. I dont like stupid people, consistent failures, people not helping society with their existence… And I voice my opinion that cut and dry I guess. If Tony Stewart kept driving cabs, would that make all cab drivers awesome drivers? NO. If some crappy cab driver jumped in a Nascar and wrecked on the 5th lap and took out 15 cars, does that make all Nascar driver crappy drivers? NO. I understand that. Successful businesses are built on competition and striving to be better each day the turn on the OPEN sign. Its all about who is doing the quality work… like you said, someone managing a group to techs for 13 years is doing something right. I highly doubt the supervisor at the Walmart that couldn’t find a 17mm socket is on the same path. I am not going into business theory here just simply put I am sure there are shining stars working at Walmart, Monroe, Jiffy Lube that dont get noticed because of the shitty business model they are employed under… HUHUUUHHH much like ME AT THE STATE! :rofl . Conversely I am sure there are raging idiots that squeek by an application and interview that dont diverse to work at a Ferrari service facility, or Bursher racing development. So it is what it is.

Back on the Monroe story. The one I am familiar with in Amsterdam is a shit hole. The management IS only there to fuck the customers. If you are not a car person they WILL bend you over. My wife went in for an inspection and they tried to fail her for some ridiculous reason and sell her the part and labor to fix it. She took the 10 day temp and left. I knew it was BS and called my normal inspection guy who was out of town or it wouldnt even have went there and he laughed and said NO way is that a failure. I took the car back and asked him to show me where that would fail an inspection… I said show me it in the book behind the counter. He flipped it open and tried to back pedal, mindlessly flipping through it… I stopped him about 3 minutes into it and said just cut the shit, and look at the book your reading… its from 2006 first off and second you know it doesnt fail for that. they passed it and ate the 2nd attempt fee.

My buddy isnt a car guy but likes nice cars. he has a CTS. Brings it in there because he “knows the guy because they take all the Enterprise cars there for service”. He needed an oil change for a trip we were going on. That turned into they saw the rear dif cover was damp but not dripping at all and it immediately needed to be fixed of the rear end would blow out and that could cost him $2500 to fix!:lol They quoted him for $400 to change it! Luckly hes a cheap bastard and didnt buy into that shit. $20 for gasket maker, and $30 for gear oil… 20 minutes later your done… $400 MY ASS.

My wifes mother brought her 2009 Altima with 10Kmi there for inspection, they said the brakes were bad, warped and it shakes the wheel out of your hand, and FAILED her. Bill was going to be $850 for 4 rotors and pads! Again, as far as I know not a reason to fail unless they are SHOT (out of spec) or not functional. She walked away with a 10 day. I drove it and it the brake were mint. took it up to 80mph and hammered on the brakes, let go of the wheel and it didnt move an cunt hair. Took a wheel off and the pads were 2/3 still there and the rotors were mint. Only 10K and at the time a year old I would hope so! Again I took it back there and told them I think they are full of shit, get in and lets go for a ride. did the same thing and no steering wheel shake… turned around made them put it on the lift infront of me and take a wheel off. and the guy looked like :ninja. again, passed the inspection and they ate it.

three rants of many I have

Last but not least I grew up with a kid that works there and has told me the management is out to FUCK people. Telling the customers they need shit they dont and getting caught like I have done to them 2-3 times a week. He refuses to work on a car for shit it doesnt need, and has walked away from them when his manager tells him to pull that shit. He hates it there but needs a job so he deals with it.

kk/rant over :thumbup

It’s all good my rant was really more inspired by the fact that I was pissed off at the retarded organizational structure of the dealership I work. The auto industry is like any other there are people or shops out to screw you and ones that do the right thing. Not mad at you personally, but it does get a little old when you see it over and over again on this forum and others that all mechanics are out to fuck you. Also your right unless the rotors were shot as is rusted or excessively heat cracked and the pads were gone the jackasses shouldn’t have failed it.

KKliffs?

SUUUCCCCKKK ONE. Just read it it will take 4 minutes and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. truuuust me

its all good man, I dont hate you for your opinion. I just like to spout off as you all know. :rofl Thats why us good mechanics like to stick together. :thumbup

Lol, even his cliffs would be 4-6 paragraphs long.