ATTN: Collections people

I know there are a few of you on here who do collections. A friend of mine is looking into working in collections, and is wondering which is a better place to work at. ASG or NCO ? (if that is even what they are called?)

I was at NCO for awhile… They are pretty good to work for…depending on what department you get placed in. If your friend has never done collections, that is a great place to start. They hire anyone and have 2 week paid training. They used to start at 8/hour, but that was a few years ago.

Collections has to be a shitty job, I for one would never want to do that.

worked at NCO for 2 years…everybody that i saw leave NCO for another agency ended up coming right back…and many of the new hires were from other agencies too…

I was in capital mangement the other day interviewing for their network admin job.

They run a huge operation, the entire floor of the new larkin building.

The IT dude interviewing me said that the collectors get treated like shit though, one mistake and you are sent packing, but they like to keep good IT people around.

He also said if your good at collecting you can make alot of money. They make base pay plus incentive. They get a cut of what they collect.

I did see a couple dudes coming in for their shifts looking all blinged out, lol.

i am really considering this(see my new post I am about?already make) whats a new hire start at pay wise with no collections experience. My buddy has a pretty good amount of experience and he is at 15 or 16/hour and loves. plus he is always meeting his goals and bringing home big bonus’s. I am also looking at another position at a collections place, I cant remember the name. but all they do is call up your house and make sure they have the right person on the phone then transfer you. I dont mind being a dick on the phone if its paying good

[quote=“dreid,post:6,topic:25075"”]

i am really considering this(see my new post I am about?already make) whats a new hire start at pay wise with no collections experience. My buddy has a pretty good amount of experience and he is at 15 or 16/hour and loves. plus he is always meeting his goals and bringing home big bonus’s. I am also looking at another position at a collections place, I cant remember the name. but all they do is call up your house and make sure they have the right person on the phone then transfer you. I dont mind being a dick on the phone if its paying good

[/quote]

that sounds like LHR. The position is called Point Calling. They are in Hamburg, right on main street. As far as I know it is part time and is 8/hour. They are also hiring collectors with no exp at 10/hr.

not to bump up a semi old post but I just got a call from LHR today saying they saw my resume on buffalohelpwanted and they are looking for an account manager. Starting pay is $10 with training, then you can make $14-22 an hour. plus paid health insurance.
Anyone have any info about LHR or the job itself?

I’ve been at Pioneer Credit in Arcade for 2+ years now.

I’ll post more later when I am out of work. It’s a tough job for sure. Earning potential is solid, but it takes the right kind of person to make it work. And the base pay is shit, so you need to save your money for the months when you don’t get much a bonus.

It also makes you quite cynical about society as you only deal with people who don’t pay their bills. I handle FFELP student loans, so I only see people in severe default with the guarantor who are over 9 months past due, so I don’t see all the people who DO pay their loans back on time.

^ its prolly a collections acct manager. same job as talked about here before. if youre good at talking to people (and nagging), you can make decent money.

[quote=“intense98rt,post:8,topic:25075"”]

not to bump up a semi old post but I just got a call from LHR today saying they saw my resume on buffalohelpwanted and they are looking for an account manager. Starting pay is $10 with training, then you can make $14-22 an hour. plus paid health insurance.

[/quote]

joe, a friend of mine used to work at LHR and said its an alright place…you get health insurance after 6 months and a free golds gym membership…

[quote=“intense98rt,post:8,topic:25075"”]

[/quote]

I work there now. I’m a point caller. “Account Manager” is just the title they give to every collector. My brother-in-law is a team leader currently.
It is a great company to work for, as long as you work.
I’m assuming you have collections experience, since they saw your resume and called you. This is first party collections, since they purchase accounts to collect as their own. There is also an in-house attorney, and you get credit for any payments made in court (only after you are at goal).

The bonus system is unique, but well liked. You collect for three months. Assuming you hit goal all three months, you get a bonus…but the bonus is factored as an increase in your payrate for the next three months. There are people there that constantly are making $20+/hour.

You will get fully paid health insurance for just yourself. Family members are extra, and dental is extra. The gold’s gym starts after training i believe.

The paper is good, the management is great.

I’m not sure what else to say about it…

All of the people I’ve met at LHR (and ASG) are very nice. You can make really good money if you put your mind to it.

I can also say that LHR’s servers are much happier these days because of me. :slight_smile:

[quote=burnt_toast;533423]I work there now. I’m a point caller.quote]

can you give me more info on this type of position and starting pay?

no I’ve never done any sort of collections before. Right now I’m a shift manager at Wilson Farms. Well you make the job sound pretty good, I guess I’ll give her a call back.

[quote=“dreid,post:14,topic:25075"”]

[quote=burnt_toast;533423]I work there now. I’m a point caller.quote]

can you give me more info on this type of position and starting pay?

[/quote]

pm sent

[quote=“intense98rt,post:15,topic:25075"”]

no I’ve never done any sort of collections before. Right now I’m a shift manager at Wilson Farms. Well you make the job sound pretty good, I guess I’ll give her a call back.

[/quote]

That’s ok. They’ll train you completely. They sometimes prefer no prior experience, because they like to teach people without any “bad” collection habits.