Collections Agencies

IIRC, some forum members work in the vast field of asset management locally. I understand that the area is dense with companies, any one have any inputs, or experiences to share?

A co-worker just left a lucrative inside sales position for Redline, so I am curious as to the truth behind the hype.

:redface:

i worked at Mercantile and management adjustment bureau, and great lakes. It was ok.

i worked at one for 2-3 weeks…and hated it. depends on the title you get there. it was horrible and boring as hell

A buddy of mine works in IT for Account Solutions Group over here in Amherst. I guess from their website they’re not Firstsource Advantage. He seems to like his job and says the company is doing well. Both my next door neighbor and his son work there too but I’m not sure what they do.

[quote=“Nikuk”"]

A co-worker just left a lucrative inside sales .

:redface:

[/quote]

how lucrative?

From what I’ve heard, if you’re real good at collecting, the money can be VERY good. I’ll have to try getting more details.

[quote=“JayS,post:6,topic:35254"”]

From what I’ve heard, if you’re real good at collecting, the money can be VERY good. I’ll have to try getting more details.

[/quote]

:tup:

I understand that the industry is driven entirely on numbers, but with that said, the lower base salary is a bit of a concern for me. :meh:

[quote=“evolve,post:5,topic:35254"”]

how lucrative?

[/quote]

well, base for position here is ~28; + 7.5 incentive goal. no cap, extra 2k if you’re over 13.5. …And he left 10% stock option discounts, 4.5% 401k match for no 401k, etc, etc.

He & I were always competing for top producer, so he had to be in the 55 - 58 range.

Not baller, but decent

[quote=“JayS,post:6,topic:35254"”]

[/quote]

Yeah, I know a guy who supposedly made just under $100k last year working 50 hrs a week. He has the personality for it and a lot of money so I guess I believe it but I hear its all about the kind of accounts you get. I guess laws vary on what you can say based on the kind of debt the person is in.