attn Domantion

Yes,a much higher depression than the industry standard is these days. It used to be 10" of water. It has been a while since I read into it but I am fairly certain it was a nascar team. I just want the ability to go much higher than 28# of water and make comparisons.

interesting idea. Willl that keep variences tighter? What bench are you using?

I dont have anything that will come close to 90 inches…its just a setup I want. Its a home built bench setup using a quik flow measuring device and software to laptop. Its only setup for 60V6 cylinder heads at the moment, but I do need to make it adjustable for cylinder bore to do the newer engines (other engines too when I get into them).

Higher pressure just simulates race type pressure through the cylinder head. Im not aware of it changing the variance between cylinders. It would allow you to monitor changes between idle and WOT though, or at least better than doing 28" all the time.

The new thing is wet flow bench testing, to test the air/fuel mixture. Its how the big companies that do the CNC work come up with their designs (dart was listed). Performance Business mag has an article on cylinder heads this month. Ill have to see if I can scan some of it. Its funny because the first page talks about velocity and quality of flow compared to the old school idea of just flow numbers.

Well, at least somone understands that overall CFM isnt the be all to end all.

everyone thats concerned with flow numbers should check out this thread

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4696

its not about us seeing flow numbers, my thing was about having every runner flow the same. numbers i wanted to see is the numbers that count, DYNO and Track differnces

why waste ur time making post in this thread.
He thinks he knows it all so let it be at that. Just like he knows how to put a cam in an ls1, and just like him knowing how to torgue down a set of ls1 rocker arms. GM tells him how he should do it but they dont know what there talkin about eventhogh they designed it. maybe when he realizes the lsx motor isnt a hemi then he will understand what were talkin about.

ahh. Well as you know dyno numbers are coming. And as stated many times before I don’t need a flow bench to make vast improvments on factory casting.

:kekegay: i saw the numbers yesterday.

well…

haha, which one of the Hybrid guys are you?

I have the dyno graphs, but no scanner, so maybe Jay can put up electronic copies of it… I’m not sure if he got them from Hybrid or not…

results are a gain of 20 ft lbs of torque and 17 hp… and a very consistent gain across teh entire curve, not just in one spot…

none, i’m an unofficial domination guy, i was there when you called him.

so it was dyno’s the first time prob in the summer. and then yesterday in 40degree weather? what did it end up puttin down?

ya, most head jobs give u really good results the whole way threw the curve too, but a lil more than that, is that ur avg gain? or ur peak gain?

I havent seen the graphs myself. Its a pretty avarage at best, peak gain. Needs bigger valves. Man, does that car feel like a whole different animal though.

So how much HP do u have now? Also u have 5.3 heads now right? I know guys who put 5.3 heads on a stock LS1 with the stock 5.3 valves and put down 20hp. U surely should have gain more.

the bump in compression alone should gain that much