ATTN: Graphic/Web Designers

I’ve heard other people use “anymore” in this odd fashion. From where does this use of English come? I’m not saying it’s “wrong,” because I’m not so sure whether it is incorrect or not. It just sounds wrong, to me.

As far as a degree, seems to me like others have chimed in with agreement on my point. A degree for a career that is 99% skill / talent seems pointless. The higher-ups in the company just want to know you have some general education so they can justify paying you what you’re worth (regardless of a degree). It may also be that they fear some uneducated bum will somehow sneak into the company using a fake portfolio or something. Honestly, I have no idea how a college degree would help me at my job.

We have a receptionist who has an MBA, and she’s a complete moron. For example, she can’t pronounce “queue,” she pronounces it as “Q-E.” Or her complete inability to use a printer without seeking 2-3 other employees for help.

And like Joe said, they NEVER check. We wondered if she really had her MBA, and STILL we’ve never looked into it.