Attn: Honda guys & shops

A girl at work failed inspection and emissions at D**n Honda, and they’re talking like $1500 to fix everything. Some I believe like tires and brakes, but her check engine light is why they won’t even do the emissions. She didn’t have any actual work done yet.

'98 Civic EX w/112,000 miles

Here’s their list:
bad convertor & bad oxygen sensor $1087
replace spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor $190
fuel filter $57
valve adjustment $68
Charged her $41 for this assessment

Found bad door actuator $168
Charged her $34 for the assessment

A/C system empty $108 to recharge
Charged her $30 for the assessment

Cracked CV boot $282

So it cost $112 to do nothing.

How much of this do you believe? Any recommendations on places to get the work done? I told her I’d do the brakes for her. Any sponsors on here interested?

Tell her to take it ANYWHERE but a dealership… dealerships will fuck over anyone.

And why is re-charging A/C, spark plugs/wires, fuel filter and a bad door actuator making her fail inspection? I didn’t think those were part of the inspection test. :dunno:

Is she bangin?

obdii ownz her!!!

talk to some guys that have their inspection license and whatnot… but there is a buy out something around 200 or 150 that if you put to passing emissions and still fail you can pass…

it was all written in that PA clean act and all that shit that was released about the new inspection…

it’s funny that the state wanted to make it tougher to modify cars and passed this bullshit to stop us and it’s Fucking over people with completely stock cars!!! lol

Told her the same about dealers.

She didn’t pass inspection because of the tires & brakes. Other stuff was just problems she was having. And like turbo said, the new OBDII test failed emissions.

this guy i know that works at meineke by kennywood…he did the emmissions on my car & my wifes…

he said that the new OBDII is brutal…he’s had it setup for about 2-3 months…think he said it cost around 30K

he said if you have any kind of CEL (from bad gas, open gas door, etc…) = FAIL
if you had your battery unhooked prior to test…and the computer hasn’t completely reset/relearned = FAIL
he also said some place in the area are charging as much as $99 to do the new emmissions test

If anyone needs it done…go there…ask for arthur…tell him Jeremy(silver SVT) sent you…he’s good people

HAHA!!!

when you ask for arthur… just say you know sonny w/teh vdub… :wink:

good people is always good to know

Arthur is the man at Meineke, he did the true dual exhaust on my blazer, sounds super mean and gave me a great price, i give him two thumbs up