ATTN: NYSpeed jet ski and boating crew; License question...

So i’m mailing out the paperwork today from the course with the $10 check they of course require for processing…and am planning on going with a bunch of friends on our skis next sunday to canalfest, but doubt my license will come in by then. If i happen to get stopped without it, can i expect to have my ski impounded, or get a ticket i can just have dropped when they see i am licensed but hadn’t gotten the physical proof yet?

The white copy you got is your temporary license.

do you need a licience to operate a boat…or is it just a jet ski thing?

Just a jet ski.

just a ticket its $100,

canada its 300 dollars but if u took the course you should have your temp license…and believe me u better have it cuz they patrol up and down the canal

Word, checked out the paperwork and see that the white slip is indeed a temporary…and i got lucky, since i took the course months ago and just never mailed in the slip since i haven’t had any time to ski yet this year…i’m lucky to have just noticed that i have about a week and a half before it expires lol.

I rode for 2 or 3 years w/o it.

No issues

Isn’t it a newer thing that you need the saftey course? I thought you didnt need the actual license, just a personal watercraft saftey thing.

what if you took the course lets say 8 years ago and lost your license. how long are they good for? can i get a replacement?

You should just be able to get another mailed to you. Like vehicle licenses they’re good for life i believe

xeon got a ticket for 300 dollars in canada for not having it on him! hes fighting it though bc it was at his cottage