Wanted: Dock to park my boat at for a few hours tonight

I know, weird request. Last time we had the boat out I noticed one of the bunks on my trailer is broken. Obviously I can’t replace it with the boat sitting on it so I need to drop the boat in the water and leave it somewhere for a few hours while I replace the bunk. I’ll probably just end up calling the local marina’s and find someone with a transient slip but figured I’d ask here first. Maybe someone has a dock on the canal or an empty lift on the river they could lend out for a little bit tonight.

I can just grab it and cruise around the water for a bit while you fix the trailer.

I have my boaters license. Boxxa and I will hit up grassy island

lol… nice try. Looks like Collins Marine it is.

a 10 year old with an internet connection can get a boaters license…doesn’t mean dick

It means you’re licensed to operate a boat.

You’re right. But when I realized that said license didn’t mean dick to drive my PWC, I went to the coast guard auxiliary and took the course. So…yeah

I passed the “in-person” course when I was 8…

http://techpatio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/cookie_law_eu.gif

lol looks tasty

I’m just messing around, but I do think those certs are BS. You really just need experience behind the wheel and someone to show you the ropes before considering yourself a competent boater.

^ This. Same reason I’ve always opposed licenses for boating. It’s nothing but a money grab.

Haahha ZING!

Especially all the dumb shit you can beach your boat on in Buffalo…

Back on topic… Collins has transient slips for $1 a foot, so $18 is fine to know my boat is secure in a calm port.

My offer still stands. We can take it for a few hours for free and save you $18

few hours and 40 dollars later in gas. lol

I would have paid for gas and cleaned up any bio stains I may have left.

always wondered where homeless people keep their boats.

Ha ha. My homeless and semi-trailerless boat was tucked back in my garage sitting on nice new pressure treated lumber bunks by 9pm last night. Worst part of the job was taking all the old staples out of the bunk carpet so I could re-use it.