ATTN: Zune owners

I’m thinking about buying a Zune…any feedback is appreciated.

My main question right now is what is the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation. I was looking on Amazon at them and noticed 2nd generation a lot.

Thanks

I have a first gen and like it alot, i only paid $100 for it def worth the money, but microsoft just updated the software to include an itunes like market place and now i cant get any new music i get (not through the market place) to show up on the device, which is really pissing me off

just upgrade to a phone that does mp3 playing. too much hastle to lug around yet another device.

x2

the only time I use it is in the gym…if verizon would extend their service to cover Iraq i’d consider it but unfortunately that’s not the case. I am looking to replace my ipod. Maybe even use it while traveling to watch movies too.

Anyone know about battery life?

i get about 7-8 hours out if it playing music, dont really watch movies on it though so i dont know abou that

Negative, until they make phone with over 100GB of storage I think not. You fucking know that if your phone only holds a small portion of your music library, the one thing you want to listen to at that moment won’t be on it.

My wife and I each have a first generation 30gig Zune. Never had a problem with syncing on mine, her’s hiccups every once in a while but nothing major. Everything works like it should overall. I’ve rarely ever filled the whole drive up on either. And that’s with all kind of music and 3 seasons of 24, and two seasons of The Office, and a couple movies here and there…
I use software to convert DVD as well, so when I get netflix that are TV shows, I just convert them, uplaod to Zune, and then watch them while on the bike/stepper/rower at the gym.
Also, with their marketplace, it’s good for up to two Zunes, so while it may not be great for you if you will only have one, for me and wifey it’s awesome because we pay one cost and lets us both download independently of each other. Very much like iTunes.

I’m selling my first gen 30 gb Zune. $75 :x:

you have 100GB of music? :hsugh:

Not quite yet, but within the next year I’ll have a bit more than that.

If your not a DJ of some sort I see no point in collecting that much music.

Im lucky if I have more than 5gb on my hdd at a time.

i’ve always bought creative zen mp3 players and love them, they’re simple drag and drop so you never have to worry about uploading through software the blocks some things. they sell an ipod sized one in 30 and 60 gig as well as a widescreen version meant for video in both sizes. i get about 24hrs of music on mine and 10hrs of movies. both take mp3/wma/wave/etc and mpeg/avi/divx/mp4/etc

I own a Zune and had it for a year hate it. Too many problems with the software, might only be me though. It makes doubles on my zune when there aren’t even doubles in my zune software. The software whether I tell it to or not it like to automatically sync my music in the zune software to my zune. All around I fucking hate that piece of shit and looking at selling it. My wife on the other hand owns one as well and likes it but the software did the same with her zune as it did with mine. I’m going back to Ipod since my last one went through most of iraq and for over 2 years worked flawlessly I need to protect it better from the sand and stuff next time I go.

You must not be as into music as I am then. I collect tons of stuff because I listen to all of it, the vast majority of stuff I listen to is not from this country and difficult to find, so I go out fo my way to grab as much as I can. I’ve got over 15 years into this collection, so I see a point.

definatly get one, I had it for a year before i took it with me to Iraq, and it would have been working probably still until she got blown up in a little IED. Good thing I had insurance, they had me send it back, and sent me a brand new one (not even refurbished) and this one is just as good. I have about 150GB of Music/Video/Pictures, and I put on my favorite songs, as well as all the pictures my family would send to me, and I could listen to music and look at their pics at the same time. Good for movies too, the screen is very clear and the battery life is good for the size. I just bought a 80GB for the old lady, she seems to have the exact same views as me, and Ive had shitty history with Ipods and what not. My Advice = Worth The Money.