Audi drops rpm and stalls

on the way to school this morning i couldnt stop the audi from stalling, 96 2.8 v6 stick,it would stall when comming to a stop or just pushing the clutch in to let the rpms drop. Ive heard to clean the ICVor somthing but i just cleaned it a couple hundred miles ago to make sure i wouldnt have this problem, Ive also heard about the throttle body tends to get gummed up… Im going to try that next but does anyone have any suggestions on anything else.

My Vr6 passat used to do this, thats how I got it for cheap.

I bought Valvoline injection cleaning system, never did it again.

hahahaha it didnt stall once on the way home from school knocks on wood, but i will clean the tb today

MAF

MAF throws a code, i sea foamed my audi and it was alot better, injector cleaner works good as well

IAC on alot of manual gms can do this… or cause a rediculas rough idle …

my jetta did this for a while and had a lumpy idle, i sea-foamed it and it was all better

FYI 9 times out of ten

EGR is clogged, and stuck open

or

Idle air controller is clogged/nasty

seafoam helps either, egr you can hit with a hammer usually, idle air I take the throttle boddy off and soak it in simple green

ok thanks

it happens to s2k’s all the time, that is the maf is shitty… no code, it just sucks

well today i took off the plastic elbow that connects to the TB and i cleaned that out, but didnt have enough time to take off the tb and clean that out, put it all back together and BAAMMMMM now a check engine light and still stutters, but hasnt stalled yet

you need to borrow someones vag com. i bet its a bad iac. you can try calibrating it, but if its fucked up then the problem will come back again.

ya it keeps comming back word from the previous owner he says he cleaned it out every couple thousand… imma clean it out tomorrow see if it helps and should i run some seafoam through just to see if it helps the engine anybit

tempo ftw :lol: