Audi, the new honda?

It seems like more and more of my friends are starting to get Audis. Most of these guys were all into tuners but starting to get into these Audis. What do you guys think? Is it a fad or people growing up?

growing up, cuz, i have a honda, and want an A4, but i get negative feedback on the maintainence costs

Just find one that wasnt beat on(not already chipped) and you should be fine, just keep on the 70k intervals of timing belts/water pumps, and cv joints now and then, it isnt that bad… i have loved all of mine, very comfy ride/low key to popo and can be rather quick… Quite a few street driven 11sec gt28-30 series out there, not to mention awd for the shitty months makes the best out of it, oh and and insurance is cheap… Also they are VERY safe, look at my old one that i rolled back over front 6x, i walked away with a cut on my knuckle!

Step into the ring.

Had a B5 a4 and loved it.
Sold it for what I bought it for a year later and regretted it.
Bought a honda :confused:
Rode in a B6 USP. Fell in love.
Bought a B7.
Sold honda.

i will stick with my honda(but at least its not a accord or civic), I have driven B5 and B7 A4s. B5 was meh and B7 was like driving a couch but quite luxurous none the less.

BS.

You need to drive my couch son.

I prefer BMW’s

Cant wait to get my new one, hopefully soon

BMW’s, Lexus’, and Audi’s are the new Hondas because everyone is growing up and most can afford nicer cars now.

good to know , im trying to convince my dad to support me to get it, he would be my mechanic and is worried about the costs of maintaining it… theres some A4s in roch i wanna check out, how will i know if it was chipped, i should go with an audi expert

anytime, but you need to stop working hours that I am sleeping

on my 2nd audi now. i love them
yes theyre expensive to maintain, but you take that with purchasing one.

doing my suspension today a ball joint broke.
shit happens. im pretty bummed but it goes on.

It’s just a fad for me.
20 years, 14 Audis.:gotme:
:smiley:

QUATTRO4L

If i feels slow as balls, like 16sec slow its not chipped, if its like wow not bad 14sec feeling its chipped lol, on a b5 you can remove 4 screws and look for the chip in the ecu, but bor b6+ its just plug into to the port and go to work, no actual “chip”

They’re great cars, but if you buy one out of warranty be prepared to spend equal your car payment each month on repairs. I’m not saying you will (I’ve been very lucky), but just be prepared. I’ve had my car for almost a year and if something happened to it I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

Much like any other car: If you do your homework before buying and take your time buying one that was taken care of, then you will be less likely to have to repair things.

I paid $2000 in repairs today. Big deal.:gotme:

:jawdrop:OUCH!

Don’t worry, your old B5 is in good hands. :smiley:

And I have to say I love it too. Audi was always an iffy car to me until I drove Daddie’s old B5. :krazyjon: Bought Minglor’s '01 and haven’t looked back.

^Nice car.:stuck_out_tongue:

Question about Audi engines.

What engine is the most reliable in the A4/6/8 family?

Absolutely not. I do not care for how Volkswagens drive.

This thread makes me miss my audi. Even if it’s 18 years old. Ugh. Oh, and Audi>Honda.

I agree with people growing up and being able to own more expensive cars now. Would you rather drive a shitty honda with terrible interior, cloth seats and rust, or a nice audi with sweet interior, heated leather, and no rust forever?