Audi Turbos

i’m hoping someone can give me a little more info, im looking to upgrade my 2.7t Ko3 turbos to Ko4 RS6 hybrid turbos, im curious if i can use the fuel kit from awe tuning with these turbos http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_detail.cfm?PMaI=1&PMoI=4&PEI=6&PP=s4_27t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=rsk04

also what are suggestions for exhausts/ intakes?

thanks
andy

You might check out www.audiworld.com or www.audizine.com for some answers.
I would suggest calling AWE directly. They are very helpful.
Our local vw audi forum www.dubsinthebuff.com
Also local is Blackforest motorsports, Jason is a very good guy that would be happy to help.

You’d want to call AWE (Mike was great to me) directly about whether their k04 fueling kit would work. I’m sure a lot of the components in the kit are reusable but you’d still need a custom tune. If you’re starting from scratch I would also call Mark at Autospeed, I’ve heard they have a K04/RS6 kit now.

Call Jason @ Blackforest Motorsports, his username is Bracketracer on here he has hookups with GIAC and I think a few others.

Also, contact the guys over at VAST - really cool guys who will help in any way they can maybe they can hook you up.

vastperformance.com

Actually, Audios is running RS6 'brid turbos in his. He is custom tuned by VAST IIRC.

I think European Performance Labs (EPL) has a fueling kit for those hybrids. Their site wasn’t working when I checked. The AWE kit would work and you could add more boost with their electronic boost controller option as the hybrids would handle more. You could also adjust the timing with lemmiwinks. It all comes down to needing a custom tune and how comfortable you are. VAST does great custom tunes if you can get your car to Detroit.

I am running 22psi on K04’s and have totally stock fueling with a adjustable FPR. The stock injectors can handle a lot and so can the stock fuel pump.

+1 car hauls ass and doesn’t lean out

Be ready to spend some really good coin. After parts, labour, custom tune, and a shit load on ancillary things that you really should have addressed while the engine is pulled you’re looking at $10k assuming you’re starting from scratch (from stock form).

Do yourself a huge favor, and call two people: Jason at BlackForestmotorsport.com for guidance and possibly getting you started on this journey and also be sure to get in touch with Mike at Vastperformance.com about the RS6 kit and custom tune. Vast Performance is only 3.5 hours away in Michigan (via Ontario).

One final thought: Use the b5 S4 discussion board at audiworld.com to do some reseach.

GL

Man, I’ve never heard of anyone suggesting or eluding to the fact that stock fueling will suffice for a RS6 car!:eyebrow:

the bottom line is the car makes power, isn’t leaning out, and doesn’t show knock.

A number of people run like that (Stg3-), however, the RS6 brid isn’t the same animal as a straight K04. The question from the initial poster was in reference to fueling on a car with turbos that are a bit different than 01AudiS4’s and mine. I willing to bet you won’t find ONE person in the world running RS6 hybrids w/o fueling in an S4… that would be the same as running an GT2 with studded snows on a road course >>> makes no sense.

Bottom line: you spend that kind of money on an RS6 setup, you get the proper fueling…

i have heard AKA 2.7T Valve Tick like crazy…Dont get ko4 that motor will not last any longer…it has a serious tick…i say save your money for a rebuilt.

Huh?

The car had 144k on the engine 2 months ago.
I wouldn’t be dropping RS6 coin on a salvage title with that many miles.

Just a suggestion.

To the original poster, I would take the links and contact information from this thread. On the other hand, any advice that comes from here… I’d take with a grain of salt.

BIIIIIG 2nd!

All of the suggested tuners listed in this thread are all proven, quailty shops. The customer service winners however are BlackforstMotorsport (AKA Jason Dale) and VAST Performance (AKA Piggie/Mike Shimon).

Both of these shops are highly reputable. Blackforest for local (from Rochester through to Erie) work and VAST is globally recognized for their 2.7t innovation for 8 years.

Both shops give you awesome service, awesome pricing and the most important IMO, honesty…

No grains of salt needed as their reputaions speak for themselves.