Spooling twin turbo V8 Audi RS6

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T41b4RM7nQ”]Wow[/ame]

there is atleast 2 of them around pgh w/ upgrades done to them. i did the one. would estimate it is at 600 hp area. probably going to be doing the auto tranny on it next to get more out of it.

rich people have all teh fun

One of my friends from audizine forums is doing an RS6 right now. He’s right in Scottdale.

I can dig it.

Here is engine on the other local RS6 build.

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/S6/build/rs6.JPG

aren’t they all auto’s that sold in the US? also, there was a red one that just sold in greensburg…

aren’t they all auto’s that sold in the US? also,

Yes, all automatics. Maybe he means upgrading the transmission ecu?

I wish the RS6 turbos were more of an option when I upgraded my turbos. Oh well.
Some kid in the North Hills is currently installing them in his B5 S4.

The RS6 build in Scottdale will be a 6spd. All parts being sourced from Europe.

I’m starting in to the build on my own Audi this week. Various goodies putting it in to the 400+awhp category. Finally.

Very cool. Good luck with the build.

Upgrading turdbo to a gt30r? What will you be running for SW and fueling?

Software REVO. Keeping APR hardware because the manifold is incredible and I can mount 71R right to it since housing is essentially the same as the GT28Rs I’m running now. GT2871R on turbo. Stroking 2.0 with full build (valves, cams, crank, girdle, etc.). Fueling still returnless; with Audi R8 throttle body and 034 intake manifold and fuel pump. Water/Meth. My current injectors are out for flow testing and matching. If they run true to APR’s claims, I will keep them. If not, I’ll be getting high-cc injectors as well.

I’m trying to keep it “stealthy” by keeping turbo down in stock location. I love some of the huge turbo builds going on, but I don’t want a monstrous tubular exhaust manifold with a turbo sitting up high and an external wastegate. I want the bay to appear somewhat stock when the hood is open.
I know it’s not much for the VW guys, but we’re finally up in to the 500-600 WHP range on the longitudinal, but those guys spool real late. I’m going with smaller turbo that can still hold to redline, because I will auto-x and road track more than I will 1/4 mile it. I need spooled as low in the RPM band as I can. Guy out west with same set-up as what I’m looking at is running 26-30psi, depending on pump or race gas. He dyno’d this past weekend at 424awhp uncorrected on pump with no tweaks to the tune. He’s being the guinea pig for the custom tune.

Software REVO. Keeping APR hardware because the manifold is incredible and I can mount 71R right to it since housing is essentially the same as the GT28Rs I’m running now. GT2871R on turbo. Stroking 2.0 with full build (valves, cams, crank, girdle, etc.). Fueling still returnless; with Audi R8 throttle body and 034 intake manifold and fuel pump. Water/Meth. My current injectors are out for flow testing and matching. If they run true to APR’s claims, I will keep them. If not, I’ll be getting high-cc injectors as well.

I’m trying to keep it “stealthy” by keeping turbo down in stock location. I love some of the huge turbo builds going on, but I don’t want a monstrous tubular exhaust manifold with a turbo sitting up high and an external wastegate. I want the bay to appear somewhat stock when the hood is open.
I know it’s not much for the VW guys, but we’re finally up in to the 500-600 WHP range on the longitudinal, but those guys spool real late. I’m going with smaller turbo that can still hold to redline, because I will auto-x and road track more than I will 1/4 mile it. I need spooled as low in the RPM band as I can. Guy out west with same set-up as what I’m looking at is running 26-30psi, depending on pump or race gas. He dyno’d this past weekend at 424awhp uncorrected on pump with no tweaks to the tune. He’s being the guinea pig for the custom tune.

Eric- Thanks. Soon I may be able to keep up with you after you smoke me off the line, lol.

The only reason I would try to be fast off the line is so I can get to the braking zone sooner and hit the apex of the corner. :slight_smile:

My mechanical skills are average at best but let me know if you need a hand with the build.

Brakes are for pussies… lol
Thanks on the offer.

:eek3:

http://www.performance-cafe.com/images/R8_Ceramic_Brakes_LRG.jpg

new backround. K THX

those look cheap…

All I hear is tons of bad news about REVO and I personally had a bad experience with them myself. Link me to the thread you are talking about. Getting 400whp+ out of a 2871r is pushing it. The last time I remember someone doing it, he was pushing 30+psi on a built motor of course, that was a 1.9L…I won’t discourage you, but the SW I would strongly consider not using REVO :thumbup: