Audio setup

I’m new to the whole car audio thing. but as far as i can tell this is what i got.

4 tweeters
4 speakers
4 amps (1 for every speaker and tweeter pair)
2 subs

my question is how should i hook up my subs? theres no more jacks on any of the amps. should i get another amp for the subs?

why the heck do you have 4 amps?

are they concord amps from 1976?

they are really small 2 channel amps from 1989, lol

Well you can run the tweeters of the deck, one pair of speeker to an amp, the other pair of speekers the one more amp, and run 1 sub per amp, that will use all the stuff.

Jason

that setup would be ghetto! I like it. those amps are old tho…u might get a cleaner sound running the speakers and tweeters off the deck expesially if these speakers and tweeters are stone age as well. Ive got a 4ch amp 240 watt with 2 sets of inputs(one for rear one for fronts) and its called Rampage…their cheap ill sell for 30 bux gets the job done and the amps got bling factorr! Can u name the specs of the diffrent componets you have? then we can help you out a bit more…underpowering ur subsby a lot will blow them after a while faster than if u overpowered them.
-Devin

I think those “amps” you have may just be simple crossovers. they split the signal into high and low for the woofer and the tweeter for each speaker.
Running four “amps” doesn’t seem viable or practical for any vehicle.

Your right they are crossovers, Canton Pullman Set 200 Typ 2143 crossovers that is. The Sub Woofers are 4 ohm Kickers, thats all i could figure out. in the back i have 2 Canton Pullman Tweeter T25 and 2 Canton Pullman Woofer W160. I can only assume the woofers in the front are the same i know the tweeters are different because their smaller. i know its really old and probably all shit so tell me what is the most needed piece of hardware and i’ll see what i can do about it for christmas.

I might be interested in that amp for $30 where abouts are you?

My deck is a 180W JVC KD-S590. It has a L & R line out on the back and the rest of the normal stuff. the instuctions say if i hook up an amp to use the line out for the rear and leave the regular rear wiring alone. is it possible to have the rear speakers hooked up normal and run the subs off the rear line out?

full specs on all the equipment plz…that would make it easier to suggest an install lay out…

off the bat, I suggest getting a better deck (Pioneer) and just so you have some low end sound…hook ur most powerful amp to the pre outs and use it for ur subs…wire the subs parallel so you get 2 ohm impedance (assuming its an SVC) and bridge the connections (assuming the amp is bridgeable) to get the most power and just use ur OEM speakers for fronts

A Pioneer DEH-3700MP is only $150 @ Best Buy rite now or go to ur nearest cash converters or cash busters they have good used decks there for a lower price…I cant emphasize enough how integral a good deck is when it comes to upgrading ur stereo

and then buy my Sub system and have an awsome layout that looks and sounds fantastic,

ok but ya see Jantos at Bestbuy or Farmer at Altered Sound and they will help you get everything orginized.