Auto Glass Contacts?

I’m gonna second this one. I’ve only ever had to replace one windshield and they did an excellent job.

Bullshit, they did $1200 damage to my Truck dropping the winsheild on it. Fuck them.

It’s a nation wide glass company you had something bad happen once

I have had them do 3 cars 0 issues

I’ve used Coby’s autoglass on William in buffalo in the past. Always did great work. Haven’t had to use them in sometime now though.

So are saying that you have never screwed up at work? Shit happens once in a while

↑ read all the reviews online that I didnt. Im not the only one. Oh ya, they are supposed to vacum the glass when they are done installing but he didnt because when I put my defroster on a thousand tiny shards of glass flew in my face. I could have been seriously injured. He didnt care.

Had a little stone chip in my wifes sunfire. Frontier glass took one look at it, asked do you have insurance? We said yes and they said, well in that case it needs a whole new windshield.

They easily could have filled the chip in 30 minutes, but they padded their wallets with an insurance claim for new glass.

Finally got my shit together and stopped at Skora’s in Eden and met with them on the advice of 02NismospecV. Really nice, friendly people with an awesome shop. Were willing to give me a tour of the shop as I questioned what had happened to the newer Z that was in there. Very impressed with the shop and they had a couple gorgeous muscle cars in there at the tail end of their frame off’s. Think I actually got a little erect at one point. Anyway, now have to wait for my agent to figure out why Allstate is saying I have a $ 500.00 deductible on glass when my policy says otherwise. Just reinforces my hatred of insurance companies. I should have some resolution by this week and it better not go the way I’m thinking or there’s gonna be a shit storm. Hope to be able to work with Skora’s. Definitely the type of people I was looking for. Thanks to all who posted their suggestions.

Rich told me the other day that you stopped by man. Glad you took it there, they definitely wont let you down. and Bob (the owner) has immaculate cars which im sure you saw. the race car that i work on was probably in there still unless they moved it. cool to know you took it there though!

I just had my first safelite experience a couple weeks ago and couldn’t be happier FWIW. I know you’ve found your place but just wanted to chime in for anyone who comes across this in the future.

Good. You mean a company was looking to make money?

i had safelite fill a chip in my windshield last week. had a rockchip on my way to work, called them that morning to schedule an appointment, they came to work and fixed it by about 2pm same day, and it has a lifetime guarentee. id reccommend them :tup:

We use nova glass out of springville for all our windshield work at the dealership.

Just an update on the thread. A month or so ago I stopped out to Skora’s in Eden on some down time between jobs. Everyone there was awesome and I was really impressed with the neatness of their facilities. I already had my Allstate claim number from a couple weeka previous but when the owner’s wife (from Skora) was on the phone trying to set up the appointment with the Allstate rep. they said, “Oh this is a windshield replacement? Well, we don’t cover that, only glass chips. Sorry, we won’t cover this.” My local rep (A friend of mine) was listening in on the call and she chimes in “what? what the hell are you talking about”? In any event, the call was ended with the Allstate rep and my agent said she would get back to me.

I am waiting for my local agent to get the written description of the coverage terms but Allstate’s initial response was that “full glass coverage” on a commercial policy is not the same as a non-commercial. I, nor my agent, had ever heard of this. I had dealt with Allstate 15-20 years ago on a regular standard auto policy and the fucked me then, but I decided to give the business to a friend in hopes Allstate was a different company. Apparently, they are not. I had just got done switching virtually everything (personal and business) over to them. Just wanted to get that out there to those of you who may have Allstate, or are considering them.

:tdown:

so couple months ago i had safelite fill a chip in my windshield. the dude that did it said that they warrenty the windsheild if it ever cracks.

last saturday when driving home my windshield decided to crack the entire width from that chip spot. this morning i called safelite and the lady says they only cover the cost of repairing the chip and they dont replace the windshield. fuckers.

calling my insurance this afternoon. FML.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

My new car got a chip which caused a crack probably about 5 mm wide. I wanted to take the car to Safelite, but, after reading this thread, especially post #36 by 95dime, I’m having a second thought.

Is it a good idea to fill that crack or should I just leave it alone? Is there other alternative to Safelite who can fill the chip/crack?

Absolute Auto Glass
Phone:
(716) 812-8110

Tell Ed “Mike Friedel the VW/Audi mechanic” sent you

HE does NOT fix chips, and he uses OEM or better quility of glass it will never get the WAVE effect that you can get from cheaper glass. He has done alot of glass for me. does great work every time, comes out to your house or work.

A lot of “warranties” now are worthless like that. If you read the fine print they sometimes only say they will give you your money back. I paid for a building inspection before I bought a piece of commercial property. The guy was miserably bad. All he really wanted to do was check the electric which I didn’t care about. Did an awful job. After buying it found roof and foundation issues. The only recourse was to get back my $500. I did get a slick looking binder with all sorts of colorful graphics though.