Auto transport recommendations

I’m looking at a car in the Chicago area. What would be the best way to get it to NY? Does anyone know companies that have decent prices and won’t mess up the car?

M2reeves is what used, cheapest price by far. My personal experience with them sucked. Car was scratched and dented when I got it. The person that shipped my car was fired so who knows how they are now. Mine could of been a fluke becaue they have good ratings

were you compensated?

I tried getting money for 2 months straight with nothing but getting blown off, not called back and hung up on. The company m2reeves was really nice to me but they don’t actually ship the car they say the middle man. They get your request and contract the shipping through mulitple other companys. The company they used for me was red flagged across the engine US and never used again

bah, that company wants $550.

$550 is NOTHING for shipping. I paid almost $2k from Texas for the 911.

It’s nothing to skimp out on your shipping though, it’s only your car on the line.

I’m not shipping a porsche, its not coming from texas, and I’m assuming yours was enclosed in some way?

Yea, I’d pay more than 500 for that. But for this, no. Plane ticket is $180.

Yeh I shipped my car from Texas for 550 through them

Doesn’t matter what it is. It could be an E36 track car, I’d still want to protect my investment.

Id consider getting it on a weekend for a few hundred bucks and gas and meal money. You would need to provide a trailer though.

that adds up pretty quickly. It seems it would be worth it just to fly out and drive it back.

I looked into getting a car shipped once and the nearest place the shipper went was Syracuse and the car was in the Bronx.

So $600 to ship a car up the thruway right past the exit I live 2 miles from and deliver it 2 hours away.

Investment is a rather poor choice of words isn’t it Chris?

A few others on here have had their cars shipped, including Rbakerian, hopefully he’ll chime in.

A car is an investment. Maybe not a monetary one, but definitely time and fun.

Either way, make sure you go through someone who is insured WELL beyond the value of the car, and also someone who has a good reputation.

And the bottom line is, is that it is totally retarded to purchase/ship a car that you have not laid your own eyes on…

Plane ticket+fuel+personal visual inspection>shipping the vehicle.

Mike, I am buying a truck monday from a guy in Cleveland… my fee was $225 shipped to me on an open trailer. Maybe your ride could hitch a ride for similar pricing.

How would that work out? If there is a ay 225 sounds great.