Automatic to Manual Swap!

Does anyone know of a shop or person that has experience converting an automatic 1996 S14 to manual? Thanks for the help.

Ryan.

actually canadiandrifter240sx (Chris Saint John) is an expert at auto to manual swaps maybe drop him a line and see what he can do for you.

Best prices on SON too

i don’t have any expereince with a s14 but i did the auto to manual swap in my 92 s13 and also my own sr20det swap and as long as you have all the parts it is not very hard to do you could prolly do it in a weekend with some help but up to you just thought i’d throw my 2 cents in

I just got my auto ka24 swaped to a manual sr20. at Next Level.
I could not of been happier with the work. they did a great job.

Mine is in the shop as we speak, at Row Tech. Ill let you guys know how it goes

http://www.240sx.org/links/installs/s14_5speed_swap.htm

its a little tricky, theres a plug that must be wired in a loop so the computer thinks its in park to allow starting, and the reverse lights need to be wired up differnently in order to work.

I think this link shows it, or a quick search can yeild the answer

as far as the electrical part goes, it’s very easy…
The four plugs behind your fuse box are all from the auto tranny… you don’t any of the wiring there going to the tranny at all except for couple of things:

1.) Keep the top plug and loop those 2 brown and black wires together and plug it back in. Otherwise your car won’t be able to start.

2.) the 3rd plug from the top needs to be wired in to the first switch on the tranny (closest to the bellhousing). It’s the reverse gear switch and it enables you to turn on the reverse lights when you put it into reverse.
It’s the black and light green wires on the top plug that need to be wired into the switch on the tranny…

The other 2 switches (assuming it’s an S14 tranny) are the neutral position switch and and 5th gear switch which can be wired into the ECU directly, but don’t have to. You won’t get a check engine light if you skip them.

Also, the auto control unit that gets in the way of your clutch pedal can be removed, but don’t remove the small little black box that’s attached to it. That is for the Cruise Control…

As far the electrical part goes, that’s it…

DOES IT WORK ON A S13 AS WELL?

N’ does anyone know where i can get it done in GTA (autoshop= how much does it usually cost for everything) or anyone on SON willing to do it 4 a price?