automatic transmission with paddle shifters..

I have the exact car. Did you get the ECU reflash for that? 2-3 is ubsurdly clumsy. There was a service bulletin sent out by Toyota for this to get quick fixed.

Trust me, the shifts don’t get any nicer with a standalone on this car. PM me if you want to meet up sometime to compare notes.

After really taking some time with BMW SMG and 355 F1 over the past couple weeks. I would NEVER own BMW SMGI or BMW SMGII, III is a marginal improvement but I’d still opt for the 6 speed box. Audi DSG is very very good probably the best out of what I’ve mentioned, but I havent played with the F1 boxes in the 360 or F430 yet. The 355 is VERY good except when downshifting into 1st or downshifting at low RPM’s (sub 3k). Every other car on the market that has paddle shifters is a true auto box, not a true manual box with an electronic clutch. Avoid them like the plague. The technology is still not where it should be on this type of “F1 style” shifting.

I used to work at a Toyota dealer so I changed the traction control ECU and did the SB and any other reflashes that were on there. I had the Toyomoto shift kit in the car for about a week just to see how it responded and it actually made the car shift too violently for my comfort so i took it out. My 2-3 shift is actually pretty hard though right now as is.

u should get a wrx jeff, that would be pimp

the new tip/automatic box in the 335i is amazing… I wouldn’t get one but it’s the best auto I’ve even driven… it even rev matches down shifts. I read an article on them when they first came out but I forget all the fun facts…

Yeah? I hear the Toyo kit makes it slam into gears. I did not do it for that reason myself. My 2-3 is clumsy as shit as well. It did not get any better with the standalone. :frowning: