Automotive Blues.. Got Suggestions?

Ok, so i’m in a shitty kinda of situation aga in it seems as though nothing goes right for me with cars, anyhow to the point.

My current 92 talon fwd 2.0 liter non-turbo car has been great thus far but has seen better days since i’ve moved to the shitties city ever in PA my car has been hit-n-run’d 3x in the parking lot and broken into twice where both times nothing was taken, (fucking idiots). and things are deteriorating and is unreliable at this point so…

BTW i’ll sell it cheap if interested e-mail me… like under $800 cheap.

I have $2500 for a new car, however it needs to be daily driven 50 or more miles a day, and make 600 mile trips back home 3x a year…anyone has a b-series hatch? that might sway my mind but i don’t think anyone has anything up to par for that kinda money. and i’m not so sure how nice of a car i can get otherwise for $2500, so here’s my dilemma. do i find a decent car i can slowly build up and daily drive?? Or…

I can do what i fear the most, and my automotive morals tell me NO as even saying the word makes me cringe… i can get an SUV for nothing… it’s against everything i stand for, bad on gas, bad handling, slow, automatic, bad handling, no point to mod etc, i’m not auto-xing an SUV,
however i can get it for free because apparently an aunt of mine recently passed and gave my uncle control of the estate to evenly distribute everything to whomever needs what the most. so i need a vehicle bad so i can have it for free pretty much. however it get’s worse not only is it an SUV but it’s a Hyundai Sante Fe v6

ugh i hate hyundai’s and further more its silver.

so here’s where i’m stuck i mean it’s a 2001 it’s nicer than anything i’ve owned but i hate it… i’d like to just take it and sell it but i can’t it’s rude… it still has a warranty… it seems logical but i hate the fucking thing. i think i might end up taking it and i only have a week to decide what would you do in my shoes?

i’d talk it over with your family, and let them know why you’d want to sell the santa fe. rude nothing, if i can recall from c&d, the auto never feels like it’s in the ‘right gear’, just a ‘slightly less wrong gear’ :lol:

that’s what i’d do, but make sure your fam knows why and won’t hate you for it. worst come to worst, you need transportation above all else.

if it was me, i would take the sante fe, drive it a while and let that be the car that gets beat on, take your $2500, and get a project car going on the side. i mean, if the truck is practically free even if you hate it you should take it. even just to sell it a year from now

how can you say no to a free car? i think it’s more rude to say “no i don’t want the car because of what it is” than it is to sell the thing. take the free ride (which isn’t a bad ride by any means whatsoever) and just keep saving money up. then when you have like 5-7g’s you can get what you want…i’d even drive a honda for free.

buy a Honda…u need to drive it alot for work…they have good MPG and run forever…and modable…use the 2500 for a down payment on something used but nice

thanks for the input, i’ve already owned several honda’s love them to death and want another by far and away. however time constrictions prevent me from waiting and looking around, i needed a new car last month. also my family has pretty much told me that taking it and selling it is out of the question because if that was the case they’d sell it for a few grand and divide the money among the kids.

i’m thinking i can just have it and use it for two years keep my $2500 in the bank and when i’m done with it sell it and have like 8-9 grand for an even sweeter project car… or keep it and wait till i graduate and buy a brand new car.

lots of choices but i think the bottom line is i’m going to (ew) take the hyundai keep my loot and wait… i mean shit… it’s got a 10yr 100,000 mile warranty and there is only 63,000 on it… so i mean it’s the most logical… it just makes me sad… if only my hatch didn’t blow up.

ugh. cliff’s notes. - i’m taking the hyundai keeping my money and waiting. i now live in the shittiest city, riding in the shittiest car.
i think this may be the best choice i’ve made however because with patience comes good things right? maybe if i wait two years and trade it in with cash i can put a down payment on a used evo… any more thought’s suggestions?

sorry to hear about your situation…

i guess this means i dont get my rematch? :frowning:

there is absolutely no reason not to take a free car. what are you, fucking retarded?

I agree with the new man…you are a fucking waste if you dont take the free car…Who gives a fuck what you stand for, you would rather have a broke down 2500 dollar honda over a totally reliable small not even really an SUV. Get over yourself.

a free car is a free car