Not outragous to fix when it has issues
year 2000 or newer
$15,000 or less
reliable

Would like(not required):
AWD
ok gas milage
5 or 6 speed

There was more that I can’t think of. I was thinking of spending a lil more and going with an 04 STI, but I would have to wait longer than I want to get it. I saw an audi that looked nice, but they have some real strange problems that I wouldn’t want to deal with.

Used EVO’s will be dipping down into the $15K range (thanks to age and mileage)once the IX start getting delivered. Already seen a few on Ebay private party.

OTher than that, I would look for the Audi A4 1.8Ts, the 2002 can be had for about that price too now. Very plush (for the $$$) and reliable, full leather, good gas mileage, really nice.

Brand New Kia… less than $15,000. Good gas milage… 5 speed… import… great warrenty… matches everything you said!

Slow and heavy feeling.
But very nice looking, and interior is incredible

Kia has AWD now?

Not yet… but he said that was one of the “not required” items. Would be nice though.

I must have skimmed over that “not required” stuff.

I don’t think Alex will be getting a Kia anytime soon though :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha… I would rather drive a 93 civic around.

Lol, I know I wouldn’t buy another one. A Rio is damn light though. Throw a nice motor in there with 250-300 horse… you’ll beat most things out there. Could be ultra :snky:. Evo’s and STI’s would probably be more in that market that he’s looking for though.

yep… I would love an STI :slight_smile: I would have to wait til late Feb to get one though.

I’ve always wanted an STI for some reason. Can’t afford one though… someday… but by then I’ll want bigger and better things.

I’d go with Scion TC.

They start at around 15k new so you should be able to find one in your price range with some options.

a used evo seems to be the best deal out there right now.
used srt-4’s are pretty cheap too. you can get one of those, and still have a couple bux left over for a motegi system exhaust. :slight_smile:

i have a scion tc i’d talk about selling for a tad bit more than your price range, send me a pm if interested.

Depends what you want really…are you looking for a quick car thats moddable? or just a reliable dd, right now I’m looking to get rid of my a4 in favor of a 03 altima 3.5 se 5 speed…you can grab one for around 12-13k

wrx?

It’s a Subaru…

hey alex i’ll sell you my jetta. lol.

in all honesty, i would get an A4 avant. that’s my next DD.

Well, you are describing a Subaru.

[crumudgeon mode on]BTW: the folks at Delphi will appreciate your buying an import.[mode off]

hahaha… The only thing keeping me from jumping all over a wrx is the glass tranny they threw in there. I might go drive one and see how I like it. I only drove an auto wrx wagon and that sucked balls.

edit: I did drive an STI which was great :slight_smile: