Need Car Suggestions

Hey Folks,

Within the next 2 months I’ll need to get my g/f (read: wife) a “new” car. I’m looking for something that is safe and reliable and carries a bit of prestige. She is a successful professional and should probably start looking the part (as lame as that sounds). We’ll be buying used but for sake of arguement lets assume a max price tag of $25k, 2dr or 4dr.

Cars I’ve contemplated:

• Audi A4
  • Lexus IS300 (Maybe not the best choice because RWD – it’s for my g/f)
  • WRX

She likes the look of something like an older Lexus SC400 (I’d like to get this but she can not handle a RWD V8 in winter) so keep that in mind.

Help me out, what should I consider.

ps - And for those cars that I’ve already considered, are then any huge issues I should know about. Things like motor defects or major manufacturer racalls would be good info if you happen to know it off the top of your head.

Toyota Camary
Acura TL
Acura RL
BMW 3 series
Honda Accord
Nissan Altima/Maxima

get a rwd, let her have some fun, jus make sure u have good insurance , oh and btw, rwd cars have a stronger chassis (tranny, driveshafts) so in an accident it can withstand a stronger hit

If she’s into prestige (4-door), BMW 3-series or the Audi A4 would be perfect.

If she’s into the whole speed thing you might consider the WRX turbo, but it really depends on her, because some girls can’t appreciate the look. Maybe even a 300ZX if two doors come into play…the list goes on forever…

It really boils down to you imagining what SHE would want & use/enjoy the most.

I was tempted to say the wonderful 8-series BMW, but that just MIGHT be a tad overkill. :smiley:

BTW, lol @ read: wife!

Bear in mind that repair costs for a used Audi or BMW out of warranty will hit you pretty hard in the pocket book. I say stick with the Lexus or WRX.

How about a mini cooper? :smiley:

You could scoop a 2000 S4 with medium Ks (70-100K) for 25… then you could have some fun in the winter too when your car is in storage :slight_smile:

Acura TL

i’d go pauls route with teh S4 if it were for me…

but for her i would say get a nice late 90’s Accord coupe with a V6.

or a Toyota Camry.

keep in mind that these are among the most reliable cars on earth with wicked resale value.

drive that for a few years then with teh money you save frm not buying a german car, buy a german car…lol

Another I forgot to mention.

2002 Mazda Millenia. Probably the most underrated entry level luxo car.

My dad bought a 2000 on my recommendation, and I drove plenty while working at Mazda. They are just awesome cars… supercharged 2.3L Miller Cycle V6, 230hp. It’s really quick, safe, reliable despite the advanced engine, and imo they look very classy.

If you can find a 2000 Millenium Edition, it has a suede interior and polished wheels.
http://www.automobiles.com/reviews/2004/00millenia.jpg

However I’d go with a 2001-2 model.
http://www.carsearch.com/photos/764382.jpeg

Millenias look nice, I’d second that for sure.
But the question is, can she drive stick? I would never get a wrx in auto, that’s just wrong, but if you go for something with a 6 or an 8, it’ll be fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys…definately some I hadn’t thought of.

Keep 'em coming

no one mentioned the Maxima…
lowest resale value… … you can pick up the 2000 for cheaps…

get the SE… leather… sport… looks like professional but w/ a sporty style. it has the power too and its FWD… I’d say it looks better than the camry and the accord… and it’s cheaper too…
I love mine… :smiley:

Mini Cooper S!

Cute, quick and great for parking spaces at the mall :smiley:

Maxima for sure,
or Infinity I35/I30

You can find them for under 25k easy! It is big and roomy, lots of power from the 3.5

We picked up a 2000 Maxima last winter for only 13,000.

I love the look of Maximas.