Automotive Pet Peeves

we all have our automotive pet peeves. lets vent them!

ones that won’t piss people off too much:

People who say “Porsche” with one syllable.

People who spell “Bimmer” like this : Beemer

now for my less popular yet correct pet peeves:

Window tint. I freaking hate window tint. it is ugly, it peels, scratches, turns purple and when you remove it, your rear window defroster grid is usually damaged. Oh yeah, it only makes sense on Z34 lumina anyway.

Black and “Gunmetal” colored wheels. I just don’t get it. Why would you spend money on a new set of wheels that look like steelies? This look was hot back in '98 anyway.

Finally, probably my largest automotive pet peeve: Unpainted Carbon fiber body parts. If you are such a baller that you can afford that sick CF hood, you should paint the fucking thing. Again, this is another look that was awesome back in '98. What really burns me is the new M6 has an unpainted carbon fiber roof. If I spent $96,000 on a car, i would expect the roof to have some damn paint on it so it doesn’t look like such a kids car.

The paint weighs it down :smiley:

I hate chrome.
Mostly that really bad trim shit people put on every body line on a car.

ur pet peeves suck i like my tints and i cant wait till i buy my black with a chrome lip wheel. if u sant tell the difference of a car going down the road if it has blach wheels or steel wheels u suck.the cf thing is a look people like it iam not a fan of un painted cf either but who am i

+1 for people who mispronounce Porsche.

Sound system volumes that adjust with your speed.

Stereos that beep several times after you shut the car off for no good reason. Don’t beep at me if you aren’t reminding me of something, or if something isn’t wrong.

I agree with mostly all of that to some degree or another. I especially hate black wheels and dark window tint.

i hate pink cavaliers with bodykits

and baby blue dodge neons with body kits.

:rofl:

about the whole beamer vs bimmer debate

And that park across from Burger King…

:lol:

I hate people who not only mispronounce Porsche but spell it without the S

I hate cars with loud exhausts that are auto trans…esp in the import world…bleh

I hate primered/unpainted body kits…if u can afford to buy the cheap POS kit…you should be able to afford to paint it before u install it.

I hate FWD ass dragger difters

I hate people who bitch about the price of gasoline as if they are the only person who thinks it too expensive…like the other 5 billion of us dont? SHUT THE F UP

I hate people who think SUVs are gas guzzlers but a 500hp street car is sweet

I hate people who back into cars in parking lots and leave…unless u are drunk…then its time to GTFO :stuck_out_tongue: (inside joke)

I hate people who beep when someone pulls out in front of them at a distance they feel is too close to call when its really not.

I hate people who dont understand what a Fing yield sign means.

I have now deviated from cars to the people so I will stop

Tint FTW…
CF parts look good on 90% of cars unpainted
Black wheels with polished lip look sweet on only one color car…black

/end

Uh oh… i beter get some new wheels… JJ hates my car.

Then I wonder how pissed the buyers of these cars are
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/336604cf-c12s-img0077-182.jpg
But I disagree with this one. Carbon fiber looks awesome.

I also disagree with the window tint one to an extent. Depending on the car, the color of the car and how dark the tint is, I think a tinted car can look really nice.

i don’t think i have Any of the original posters’ pet peeves :slight_smile:

The fact that you never see quick cars when you’re in yours, but if you’re driving a grand am or saturn or truck they’re everywhere.

people who drive next to each other on the highway at the speed limit and box you in

driving/parking @ canisius

Edit the tint part to… home-done tint, or colored tint…

Those can DIAF. But a solid, professionally done, good tint, on the right car, can look hot.

Unpainted CF is a + if in the right places/on the right car.

Gunmetal/black wheels can be good on the right colors/cars

HAHAHAHHAAH i laugh at that everytime i see it… who honestly thinks that looks good…

Apparantly some people, because I see TONS of it.

Looks don’t bother me because everyone has their own taste.
Some people like to personalize the looks of their ride.
As I get older I care less about how a car looks.
I have to admit I do laugh at some cars when I see them but I don’t get upset.

What upsets me is the fact that cars are one of the biggest purchases most people will make yet most people don’t bother to learn anything about cars.

“I push that pedal and it goes and that pedal makes it stop.”:gotme:

i titnted my windows because iam sicck of people eyeing my shit up

filthy, never cleaned rims on nice cars

door dings