Automotive Transport

I’m looking for a way to transport my Scion down to Fort Benning, GA.

I just get my orders to be stationed here for awhile and I sure as hell need my car. I’m thinkin the best way to take care of this is to find some company to ship it down. It sounds like the average price is ~$550-$700. Does anyone have first hand experience with a particular carrier or any suggestions at all?

Thanks.

Intercity is great, but a bit pricey. I dont trust commercial carriers, for the most part, which is why I bought my own trailer.

why don’t you drive it?

The whole Army thing and not having any time to fly home is the reason i’m not driving it. I haven’t had leave or more than a 4 day weekend off in the last 6 months, and I don’t see any in the near future. :frowning: Ill check out Intercity.

why not have a friend drive it down and pay for his plane ticket home

ya thats probably the best idea

hell i’d do it for $100

I’ll trailer it down to you, PM me if you’re interested.

dude. You helped me. Ill help you. Buy my plane ticket home, pay for gas and food, ill do it for free…

cant beat free

If someone wants to get into Florida and deliver an engine/trans for me, I’ll throw some dough to help costs for 98 Red Ex.

Holy, well thanks for the offers everyone. Ill be in touch with you guys soon, its been a busy day and maybe ill post up again tonight. VQ30de, you do realize its like a 20+ hour trip, right? :slight_smile: I would be MORE than happy to pay for the ticket, gas, food, and alittle more to anyone who comes through with this.

carl vq30de is a good guy and always willing to help.

Ok, well people intrested in driving, give me a call at (706) 587-9984 and we can talk. If I dont answer, just leave me a message with your name, number, and what your calling about. Thanks again in advance.

Im aware of the length of the drive. And it isnt a problem. I could never tell you how much your driving me to southern PA to get that tranny meant to me, considering you had never met me prior to that.

I totally owe you this.

Dialing is too complicated on my european phone. So call me. 479-4956

^ hhahahaha. i saw the euro phone in person today lol. but yea carl is an awesome dude. …btw carl you have PM

Lol, the euro phone is cool. I wanted one of those from the day i saw it in a magazine…

Actually my buddy that ive known since like birth is driving it down for me next weekend, but ill be making the trip back hopefully for thanksgiving. I havent seen home in like 6 months, that should be wierd. Thanks for the offers to help though, everyone.