AWD Power Loss

Does anyone have a estimate on what percentage of power is lost through the drivetrain in an AWD car/truck. (Auto and/or Stick)

i remember hearing on a RWD car the power loss is about 10%-12% with a stick, and 13%-15% in an auto.

I have seen 2 trucks (same mods as mine) running 220hp, and 430trq. and i was just wondering what kinda power the trucks are making at the motor…

BTW its a 700R4/4L60 and a 3:42 rear/front + the transfer case.

any idea of percentage?

I would assume that their all different by a few percent, but for the evo for example word is in the 22-25% loss. seems high to me but i dont know for sure but that seems to be the general consensus amongst evo owners

that much torque lol? But with most of these awd imports I thought it was around 30ish percent?

:bigthumb: 22-25% loss

you’ll never know unless you engine dyno, then chassis dyno. someone out there should have done that to base a percentage loss off of.

Audi’s are generally at 22% loss on quattro models.
I don’t know, my personal opinion is that WHP is all that matters anyhow, and CHP is just so auto makers and penis envy-ers can claim more than they really have.
A stock A4 only has 170HP as claimed by Audi. But that is only like 135-140 at the wheels at best. They wouldn’t want to use that in an advertisement.
I’d love to know what my crank numbers are so I could have bigger balls… but it wouldn’t matter when it’s all said and done and I get my ass handed to me.