Pens won in the shoot out

yes indeed, wins all around

only bad thing was we lost willie parker to a broken leg

letang and christiansen in the shootout were amazing

MANCHILDREN

hockey is still a US sport?

yup!

yep and the Pens sellout every game!!!

tell me about it. we were sittin at permantis watchin all the games. its real hard to watch 3 games at once… LOL

gee… i wonder if that’s becaue hockey is the bestest canadian sport evAr or if it’s because of the seating capacity limitation of mellon arena :hsugh:

seating capacity of mellon arena is about par for most hockey arenas… sonny, just because you can’t play, doesn’t mean the game sucks

17,000 people 41 nights a year isnt that bad…the new arena will be a tad bigger

I had first row center ice seats right behind the penalty boxes at the pens game. It was shitty when they came back from 4-0 but it was awesome when we won the shootout. Then to come home and watch the Pitt game I DVR’d and to see them beat duke and then the steelers win… im going to go with the word of the year… woot

Oh and to be at the game where Sid had his first Gordie Howe hat trick was awesome. (G,A,Fight)

the point was to show the amount of quantity needed for “selling out” a game… :gives:

i sell out my bed every night game. 1 ticket. i got season tickets.

true…but there are a lot more games and a lot are on weeknights.

41 games x 17,000 = 697,000 (that is low considering most games sell out around 17,100)

Then your typical NFL team

8 games x 65,000 = 520,000

why argue? we are talking about selling out something… if i sell 100,000 tickets to x people once i doubt i’ll sell out, if i sell 100 tickets to x people 1000 times chances are a lot better to sell out eh??

i thought you were smarterer than that… aren’t you an accountant or something… basic math and probability should come to you pretty easy, no?

haha…yes I understand your point…not an accountant, financial analyst.

You have a good point…but if a team can sell 700,000 tickets in one year I say that is a solid following. Also kinda off topic but the new years game that seats 73,000 sold out in 1/2 hour…just a thought to add.