Awful Chevy commercials; Runs deep

that’s a bit of a reach, I though maybe you went for that. I hope you also joked that we should have not bailed GM

it’s the internet dude, assuming that everything that everyone says is 100% serious is a bit of a reach

That commercial is terrible. Sappy and much of it makes no sense. Chevy runs deep alright, about 2 years when it’s to their benefit.

Sorry man, Hyundai just isn’t gonna get any love from me. This is what all of those Hyundais in those commercials will look like in five years:

Yes, I will keep posting that picture when anyone brings up Hyundai as a legitimate car company.

Btw, my friend’s KIA is a 2004 and already has loads of surface rust.

Tell your friend to wash and wax they’re* shit once in a while.

Right and not every 8yr old dd in buffalo doesn’t(except german cars), hell my aunts 08 hummer has rusty door panels.

And man do you need a wake up call to Hyundai/Kia

#1 Brand Loyalty-Must because they are garbage lol

Brand loyalty from housewives who have no idea what they’re talking about. :slight_smile:

My 1995 Buick didn’t get any surface rust until it was 13 years old, and it was just two little spots on the fuel door.

Lol, so ignoratnt.

And whats the picture supposed to prove?? You know how many pictures I can find of burnt Pontiac’s? cough fiero cough

The pic is a joke obviously.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/hyundai.htm

How about the guy who leased a brand new 2011 Sonata and his brakes just randomly stopped working on the highway?

They used to make tinker toys for cars and now they’re still making them they just have a better marketing department and just copy the designs of legitimate car companies to make you think you’re buying a real car.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What about the fact that they issued a recall on the Chevy Cruze because someone’s steering wheel FELL OFF while they were driving? All car companies fuck up major things now and then.

Like airhead said, all manufacturers fuck up, you cant make hundreds of thounsands of cars and expect them all to be flawless.

Just took a quick look on that site, and from May 1st 2011 to today Honda has more complaints than Hyundai. Didnt look at any other companies.

All manufacturers fuck up, that’s definitely true. I just don’t see any quality in those cars. They went from making piece of shit econo boxes that rot away in no time to making cars that appear to be more legitimate on the outside in just a few years. I can’t believe that they could somehow be making quality cars all of a sudden. And I just have to think that in order to sell those cars so cheap they have to be somehow skimping on materials.

Have you ever looked at the paint job on one of those new Sonatas up close? It looks terrible.

I just feel that that they’re pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes here with clever marketing.

Has Honda sold more cars than Hyundai in that period? I would be more interested in seeing if the numbers are proportional.

Better than IMPORTED FROM DETROIT.

My 8 year old Deville still looks as good as the day it rolled of the line. No rust whatsoever.

Imported from Detroit is better than Imported from countries that viciously attacked us on a sunday morning in Pearl Harbor.

Lets face it here people, Hyundai and KIA made tinker toys 5 years ago. Now all of a sudden, their cars look like other cars (That ugly kia coupe that is almost an exact copy of the Civic and the Sonata looks suspiciously like a Mercedes- Billy even mentioned it in an advert.) Because they stole ideas from other people, they are automatically legitimate? Anybody here who thinks they are any good just cant or wont admit that they had the wool pulled over their eyes. My grandfather had a sonata and the rubber band that held his engine together broke. They said it wasnt covered under warranty because it was a maintenance issue. He then owned a 4 year old\ 45000 mile paperweight. He then bought a cavalier which he proceeded to put 145,000 miles on. And dont give me any of this “american cars are garbage” bullshit because I own three of them with at least 100,000 miles. MY 93 Pontiac throwaway car Sunbird has over 250,000 and not a spot of rust on it.

And to get back to the original topic, whether or not you think the commercials are dumb, Chevy runs deep because they can. They have been in this country for longer than 30 years. Everybody’s parents can tell them a story about how their whole family packed into the Chevy wagon or Ford wagon and drove across the country to some bullshit destination. They only reason that the japs became popular is because of the babyboomers. They have this bullshit idea that anything their parents did is innately uncool so Chevys must be uncool, just like Genny cream ale is uncool and thats exactly what HyundiKIA is advertising to with those bullshit hamster commercials. The babyboomers really fucked this country over hard and left us to fix it.

You can’t deny Hyundai is a growing competitor with increasing quality, no matter how much you hate them. I give them a :tup:, their Elantra’s are SOLID.

:danny:

Holy shit Shawn.

how can we forget that fateful day that the Koreans attacked us in Pearl Harbor.

I knew someone would say that. Just to clarify, I know him personally, and he knows quite a bit about WWII.

GM makes good rwd stuff, but there fwd stuff is merely transportation and they have been playing catch up for DECADES, should they get a pat on the back for finally getting better at copying quality asian fwd’s. My father in-laws '11 Civic is 65% built in NA, our Chevy Junquinox was 50% foreign, and a big % of that was CHINA, buy GM and support CHINA

Edit: every car manufacturer has flaws, they are just different flaws, so pick your flaw to overlook
Edit2: I would like to exclude Buicks, Chevy Prizms and Pontiac Vibes from above comments