B & M Short Shifter S13/S14 FS

Brand New in box. I bought it for my car but now since its sold I obviously need to sell it. $250 Firm. Located in Mississauga.

hey how do u install it do u have to drop the tranny? or its just plug n play?

short shifters for the s13 are really easy to install 15 20 min tops.

how about s14s 1998 does anyone know

same install as the s13. drop the tranny so you can access the 6 bolts on the top easy enough, remove the entire old unit, insert the b&m unit and bolt up to stock location…not 20min, on a s13 wither, it’s about 2-3 hours. and you need to unbolt the tranny xmember to get the tranny low enough to get at the back 2 bolts. the other 4 can be reached from inside the car after the shifter console has been removed

Installing the short shifter can be done without dropping the transmission if you have a bit of dexterity and a good gear wrench. If you jack up one side of the car, you should have enough room to move your hand around.

Is the B&M that vastly different from the megan? b/c the megan didn’t require that I drop diddly squat. Just took off the stuff on top, put it in, screwed it in, done.

Thats all I had to do with my C’s shifter

the b&m has a very unique feeling over any other short shifter i’ve felt, the shifts were alot more gated and solid, just better overall. and yes, it can be done in very little time, 4 bolts are easily accessible from the top, but there are two bolts that are not so easy to get to since they are not in plain view. a gear wrench (flex one works best) makes it alot easier to get to, as you will not have to keep repositioning the wrench, which is a pain because it is in a tight spot. OR you can get the two bolts from underneath with the gear wrench, whichever you prefer. then just pull the shifter off (it may be stuck on with the gasket, mine was, had to use a crowbar to separate it from the transmission), and bolt the new one in.

if i grab one will someone help me with this?

depends… do you suck cock well?

it’s really not that hard. you remove the 6 bolts for the old shifter (2 from underneath the car) and then put the whole new shifter assembly in. B&M also comes with very good instructions and I believe there is also a write-up on it in the FAQ section.

SOLD!

When we did Dustin’s install of the B&M we did it all from inside the car except the 2 bolts like a couple of guys already said. It’s a REALLY easy install.

yeah im pretty autoively inept And it only took me like 10 min, and i love the feel of it.

i’ll be looking forward to it when the weather improves a bit. :wink: thanks for the product feedback and install tips.

^ ya like he said, its sold. I am now 240-less.