B20 swap problems

I have a 1996 Civic hatchback with a stock d16y engine in it. I just bought a 1997 b20b motor from Tiger Japanese two weeks ago. We have a b18 intake manifold and gasket, b18 header and gasket, upper and lower radiatior hoses, b18 axles and half shaft, b18 shift linkage, catalytic converter with gaskets, and all that good stuff.

The problem is that my buddy Tony found out that the Crv motor doesn’t have a crank sensor and my car does. What do I do??? Some say that I have to use the sensor from my car. Others say I have to replace the oil pump. Others say that nobody knows what they are talking about.

I need to know what to do so I can get this motor in my car. Its sitting at a buddy’s garage and I don’t wanna be a pain to him. Please let me know what I need to do if you really know what is going on here. All I know is on the stock engine, the crank sensor runs behind the timing cover, not into the oil pan like a lot are saying. I could be wrong I dunno.

Either post advice or email me at jamesicles79@yahoo.com…any help is appreciated.