Back to School for me

I just got the news this weekend that I was accepted in to UB’s PMBA program for the fall. (YAY!!) As some of your might recall I posted a thread about taking the GMAT. Evidently my score was enough.

So…hello to heavy work loads in addition to my full-time job and financial debt on top of what I have from undergrad.

Anyone else here going to be in the program this fall?

Do you know what $1.87 and a MBA will get you at McDonald’s?

^^ about 9 grams of trans fat?

congrats, man!

YES!

All kidding aside, at least you actually have experience and are getting your MBA. A lot of people get their MBA just because they don’t want to work. Although as I understand a lot of programs want experienced students now.

Yes, this is very much a career movement and salary increase tactic. I work with a few people who have MBA’s and no work experience…ugh…the one girl spent an hour on whether to use affect or effect in some copy she was writing. I’m serious, an hour.

At least she was being paid for being stupid.

Do you have to have experience to get into the MBA program at UB?

The regular MBA program they prefer experience but many people don’t have it.

The PMBA (Professional MBA) you need at least 2 years.
The EMBA (Executive MBA) you need 12+ years.

Nice Jay, congrats :tup:

Congrats :tup:

I need to get back to school myself… and now that I have a job that will reimburse 100%, its hard coming up with excuses :bloated:

No shit I didn’t think the executive MBA program was that many years experience… I was thinking about doing that after i heard about how it was done, that is the full day saturday’s right?

whats the professional, regular night class?

I’ve got a few years in, but not 12, shit :lol:

^^ oh man!

id be all over that shit. i want to go back to school BADLY!

edit- that was meant for mr I TUH Gacki

Holy shit 100%? Go for it!
My work will only compensate for 75% and its capped at $5250 a year…PMBA is like $9,000 a year.

The EMBA is pretty hard. My boss just finished and many people dropped it or failed. He was taking 5 to 6 classes a semester while working 60+ hours a week.
The nice thing is that its only 2 years and 4 semesters. You have to have every other Friday off of work for classes all day and there are some full weekend sessions as well.

The PMBA is 3 years 2 classes a semester for 3 semesters a year…Fall, Spring, Summer. It meets twice a week (Tues and Thurs) for about 3 hours a night. Much easier to deal with I think.

Bump because I’m taking the GMAT Monday and hopefully will be starting in the fall at UB.

So how’s it going? How’s the workload? Is it really $9k a year? Any financial aid advice? Praxair will reimburse 75% of the money at the end of every semester and the other 25% when I graduate, but I’ve still got to front the money myself. Other advice?

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:7,topic:14706"”]

The regular MBA program they prefer experience but many people don’t have it.

The PMBA (Professional MBA) you need at least 2 years.
The EMBA (Executive MBA) you need 12+ years.

[/quote]

I don’t know where you got that info, but that’s wrong.

I work in the PMBA and EMBA department at UB. It’s at least 1 year for the P, and at least 5 for the E :slight_smile:

congrats!! :slight_smile: education > anything.

psh, canisius 5 year BS/MBA program FTW. 4 and a half for me cause I came in with a semester of AP credit.
Why get experience first when I can get my experience making $20k more a year?
(That and mine is free for all but 6 MBA classes)

can’t wait to pull an “in good company” and have subordinates twice my age

[quote=“beautfldsastr427,post:15,topic:14706"”]

I work in the PMBA and EMBA department at UB. It’s at least 1 year for the P, and at least 5 for the E :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Keep your eyes open for application material from “James Fry.” Make sure he gets put in the “accepted” pile. He’s a straight shooter with upper management written all over him. :slight_smile:

congrats bro :tup:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:18,topic:14706"”]

Keep your eyes open for application material from “James Fry.” Make sure he gets put in the “accepted” pile. He’s a straight shooter with upper management written all over him. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

:lol:

I think I may try to get into the PMBA for fall of 08, I am way too new at my job now to start school again