UB MBA Students/GMAT

Who here goes/went to U.B for MBA? I graduate in Spring with a B.S. in Finance from Niagara University, already signed a job offer, but am looking to continue school part time via UB. NU doesn’t require the GMAT’s to get into their MBA program and I have been accepted however for several reasons I would rather go to U.B.

If youve taken the GMAT’s what was your score and where did you get in? If you want to keep it private just PM me.For reference I have a 3.7 GPA, but havn’t prepared for the GMATs and am wondering what kind of scores UB is looking for…

Thanks

i wrote a practice gmat test cold (no studying) and came out at like 530 - 550… but i took a mega shit on the math since i hadnt done any of it in years…

rather than go through the book i am going to take one of those practice courses… i’ve heard they are wicked and they helped out okay with my CMA.

I think I scored like a 620, got in with no trouble. The PMBA program at UB looks more at work experience than test scores.

Who offers a good GMAT class?

Someday, i’ll write up my final paper to get my M.S… then I’ll need to start something else that I will not finish for a few years.

Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc…

I would just go online and grab some historic tests and get to practicing. IMO that’s the best way to study.

a 730 got me in everywhere I applied…
One thing about the GMAT is the beginning questions are super important. The way the computer works, if you get a question right, it gives you a harder one. If you get it wrong, it gives you an easier one. Your score is based on the level you’re at at the end of the test. If you keep going harder and harder, even if you get a few wrong it doesnt hurt your score that much. If you start out badly, it’s impossible to recover and you’re capped at a certain mediocre score.

I got so lucky that I never had to take any of those post-undergrad pre-requisite tests! I still don’t know how I got around them, but I won’t look back now :tup:

If you go to the same school as undergrad you usually can get it waived if you had a decent GPA. Sometimes you have to be a business major.

Yeah Joe, NU waved me since my GPA was decent… thanks a lot guys. I figured just practice tests are the best way to go…