Backpacking....

Looks like im going on a big trip through idaho in august…with some guy from the base…these guys are big survivalists basiclly 2 week trip bringing what you can carry in with you.

one guy has been to this area before…anyone into doing this

just trying to get an idea of what to pack and bring…

allready got an awsome special forces internal frame pack lightweight and fitted for me…
got a lightweight backpaking sleeping bag

travel fishing rod and reel that breaks down (traveling with trout streams main source of food)

they do this every year and the best ones around for knowing what to bring just wondering if anyone else has done a trip like this

Good boots
Water purification tablets
waterproof bags
matches
lighters
MRE’S CHECK
String
fishing line CHECK
insect repelent
Duct Tape

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA(CATCHES BREATH)…HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH…Ur fucked…

Water purification tablets,waterproof bags,matche,lighters,MRE’S,see what the climate is like so u know what to take clothe wise,good pair of hiking boots but not high boots,call me later and i’ll tell ya opr ask one of them. Basic survival shit will be needed

That sounds like fun. Jeff and I went to our aunt’s wedding in Boise in January 99. It was on top of a 6000 peak, so we snowshoed to the top and everyone camped there for 3 days.

I doubt my leg will be in shape for hiking for at least another year, though. :frowning:

yeah jeff was telling me about the cabins said was awsome

we are flying into bosie and heading towards saw tooth natinol forest…

MRE’S check got plently of them…

Duct tape.

String as well or fishing line,insect repelent(beleive me)

anyone work at gander mtn…so i can get 20% off

Take some lemonade or cool-aid powder. Water purifying tablets taste awful. So add some mix as well.

U odnt need that much stuff u cheap bastard, boots will be ur most expensive thing

true

but every penny helps!

Also true…i have alot of shit here u might be able to use spangs,hit me up later or sometime n we will see what i have

Hmmm… water purification tablets. I bet you end up shitting your pants anyway.

Two weeks - that’s pretty hard core.

seen real nice pair of new balance 851 hikers but there like 90 bucks…i have a pair of 851 shoes and i love them

yeah thats what i said…ive gone on many 1 weekers when i was younger…but this will be really park the truck

see you in two weeks… rambo type shit

the guys im going with pretty much do this for a living…

New balance are great hikers but u will need something with more of a tough more sturdy sole. U will be puttin a beating on ur feet n boots ,remeber…u will have them on for two weeks. Look at the troops,they have many problems with their feet from hiking n being in boots.

Pointers too…if u get high boots lace them tight up top if u are hiking down a steep trail and lace em tight towardsthe bottom if ur are climbing a steep grade. Trust me…

umm tp lots of tp 2 weeks of wiping with pine cones might be bad

no TP…take wet wipes. Less waste and less wipes required in a more compact package.

allready got them

and plenty of talc powder