Bad ass audio install

I wouldn’t have posted this if it wasn’t insanely detailed
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=66958

Holy shit.

I need several new pairs of pants.

wow, that is just amazingly done setup. Lots of detail and Focal :slight_smile:

thanks timmay for wasting 10 minutes of hard on time of my life.

“Holy mother of god”

:wow

i saw that last month. he’s lacking a couple of things, which im not going to get into. i really like the way the cf and metal came out. very nice job on those panels. i personally dont like the flashy installs, but i can def appreciate the idea, the thought put into it, the labor and the engineering. it looks VERY well made. im not sure how that would sound though. im sure its good enough, but is it “GOOD” enough? ya know what i mean? i prefer stealth installs. some cars u get into and its just a car with an aftermarket deck. then u hear and ur like :wow
im going to try to hide away as much stuff as i can in my car. i was thinking of sittin my sub in the floor, but my spare tire well has this huge metal bump inside and my W7 will not fit. im definitely NOT cutting up that car just to sink in that sub and i dont want to sell it and get two 8s and sink em into the sides. id be making myself an entire new trunk. im keeping my box just going to make it look as simple and minimal as possible. ill post pics of it in spring when it gets finished.

how? the thread was started on 2/2/08… today is 2/21

Have you ever competed in IASCA or USAC? I have for a number of years, a car like that would clean up! Sure he didn’t use components I would, I was sponsored by Focal but I couldn’t stand the way they sounded(my car was full of the Audiom line components), and I’m with you about hiding stuff, normally. Though this car was built with a purpose and convenience was not it, it was to display the system and the builders technical ability. I normally don’t go for flashy, but those matte carbon fibre door panels are the nuts, knowing what goes into building a system of that caliber and knowing how judges score competition cars he’s being very wise. Even in SQ cars, the sound plays a small roll in the score. This guy is a former IASCA European champion and he knows how to work the judges to get a good score and with how dull car audio has been for the last 5 years he’ll clean up again.

i read it on the 2nd, then. i thought it was last month for some reason. shrug
i competed with my previous car. im planning to compete with this one also. i think hes definitely gettin points for originality and such, but to me personally its a bit much. its definitely original, because he didnt just glass it all as a one piece.
my biggest inspiration is Mike Michnes thunderbird. it looked 95% stock and he took that thing far as all hell and got MAD trophies and awards with it. if u see a car that has something like that visually, yea ur already expecting something from it, but when u see a car that just looks like a daily and u get in and ur jaw drops after hearing it, that just impresses me more. i really want an eclipse double din in my car, they look sick in audis.
This time around im taking my time and not tryin to get the car done by a certain date or anything. it’ll take as long as it takes. im going to make it as simple as possible. the equipment is complicated enough heh-heh.
i’ve never been sponsored, but i dont particularly care about it. i mainly do the sound for myself because im an audiophile, and competing is just kinda a fun way to spend some time among a buncha other car audio fans and see whos got what out there.

everyone has their own preferences, but I’d rather have a system that looks as good as it sounds

true true. thing is, when u build something shaped like THAT, its tough to calculate for volume. cylinders or regular enclosures are easy, but if its not a regular shape, you sorta have to get as close as u can to the desired volume and really hope for the best. doesnt always come out right though. glass is pretty nice and heavy too, so it helps cut down on vibration, which is a plus. my car is going to be gain so much weight after i finish wallpapering the sheetmetal with dynamat. ive got the front doors done but i still plan rear doors, rear quater panels, trunk side, trunk floor, trunk lid, roof, the whole floor and partly the firewall. thats gonna be like 200 pounds of just that sigh VERY time consuming to make sure its right. but its worth it in the end when its so solid u hear nothing but what u wana hear.

wow… just fucking…wow… :wow :worship :thumb

:nod

It makes me feel better that there is at least one person out there more OCD then myself ;D

lol damn… i dont’ really care what it looks like as long as it sounds half way decent to me.

Badass setup

BUT i am defiantly not the person to cover my car in carbon fiber “stickers”