bad ass porsche video

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt2/gallery/?gtabindex=4

demand repect just pick your bandwidth

is this one of those two cars to beat the z06 around nurburgring?
i like it

great infomercial

that was pretty damned good

im pretty sure more than 2 cars have beat the z06

dam i want !

Nice vid … Some really wild technology in there … That expansion chamber is sick

around the nurburgring? please…porsche is the only one to do it consistently and thats with a vette being seen as much on the ring as a lambo murc in pittsburgh. and i’m talking stock production, and please don’t say anything about the GTR because from whats been going around it didn’t even run a full lap

Great video! All manufactures should have videos like that one for their performance cars.

Have to agree with xlogic on this one. Production cars claimed to beat the Z06 include (excluding the new Skyline):

Pagani Zonda F ClubSport (by 15.08s) - $741k
Porsche Carrera GT (by 14.9s, AutoBild) - $440k
Porsch 997 GT2 (by 10.9s, AutoBild) - $192k
Koenigsegg CCR (by 8.9s, Sport Auto) - $540k
MB SLR McLaren (by 2.9s, AutoBild) - $495k
Bugatti Veyron (by 2.9s, Wheels Magazine Australia) - $1.4M
Porsche 997 GT3 (by 0.9s, Automobil) - $120k
Ford GT (by 0.9s, Octane Magazine) - $140k

Z06 (7:42.9s, Motor Trend) - $72k

Also worth noting is that there’s no way to know which tires were on these cars. I’ve seen claims that the GT2 record was set on slicks.

Michelin Pilot Sports-- OE tires.

why put the price? it’s faster, it doesn’t matter how much it costs.

sure, the z06 is a good bargain for what it is but we’re talking speed here, not price/performance.

:stupid: that video was sick

price of the corvette bundled with its performance = us Americans putting foreigners to shame??? why not put the price

I’m just responding to the claimed/perceived badass-ness of the Porsche. I’d be more impressed with a $118k Lingenfelter Z06-TT putting down 800hp than someone who rolled up in their GT2, considering the price. It’s only my opinion but bottom line is I’m just not blown away by the car because I don’t think it’s all that badass when taken as a whole. I also think the faschias look too busy, especially those stupid bug antennae turn signals.

Also my reference to tires was that we do not know which tires are on each vehicle. If one of the cars had slicks and another car was running on stock rubber I don’t think there’s any question that lap times were affected. Pilot Sports are high perf tires but they certainly aren’t race slicks, and at over 7 minutes for a lap, I believe running slicks could net you 10 seconds.

I’m guessing you have not driven any 911 turbos. I can assure you the whole is definately more than the sum of the parts.

I still like the GT3 video:

http://www.porsche.com/all/911gt3rs/flash/default.aspx?language=en-us&market=PCNA&pool=usa&browser=other&instance=384&variant=&section=&bandwidth=dsl&width=1005&height=415

Porsche is more car than a vette will ever be period… it may not be as fast in some cases but more refined, more quality, and more technologically advanced than corvette will ever see.
Thats where the price comes from.

I like how this turned into a Z06 thread…seems like everytime a different car thread comes up, ppl throw in the Z06 immediately… why?? just respect the cars for what they are… Porsche is amazing!

could have swore that even though i threw a z06 in…i still gave the porsche props…guess someone is dyslexic

My thoughts exactly…the corvette for what it is…is better than most production cars…IF your for performance…sure it doesn’t have the interior of a ferrari…but who cares…save interior bickering for your homes and other dwelling places. The Porsche is certainly a nice car yes…there are a lot of nice cars…