Bad Feedback for "Tim" regarding an amp i purchased

One or two of them?

one. what are you getting at? look at the link in my first post

I believe it was the twelve forty two series.

Just getting all the facts and making sure the numbers all add up. Didn’t read the original post and thought he only sold you the amp and not both parts, so I thought that you possibly already had the sub and that maybe your sub didn’t match up with the specs on his amp. The alpine type r is 600 watts and 2 ohms, and that amp is 650 at 2 ohms so it’s a close enough match that shouldn’t be an issue. Was the sub already mounted in the box when he sold it to you? If so I’d meter the resistance on the sub, or take the sub out and check the wiring. Could be something got knocked loose loading it into you car. Regardless I’d take Luke up on his offer, there’s a chance the unit’s fine and just needs to be tweaked, and there’s no need for all this animosity.

Anyway, disregard my earlier questions, I’ll see myself out :io:

If that is true then they are dual 4 ohm…not a big deal. Just different. I can verify them if they are wired in parallel or in series.

I think we can get this running one way or another.

OP needs to take Luke up on his offer.

i am taking luke up on his offer. this week probably and ill see where that takes me

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

did you read any part of this thread?

I’ve stated multiple times i left the whole setup in and just swapped amps and nothing else and it worked fine with a different amp. so there is no problem with wiring or the sub or the car or anything else you might think of

That’s why I said disregard what I said, it all checks out from what I’ve heard on here. That’s what I get for skimming and not reading everything, my bad.

:bigtup: to you for helping mediate this…

Now when you’re through with this please forward your resume to Gary Bettman and the NHLPA.

:tup: to luke being the good dude he is and helping out when he has no obligation to do so.

In my eyes, nismo that was kind of stupid saying you didnt care to see it work lol. Car audio specifically amps, love to shit out at any given time for random reasons. That was dumb on your part. Tim not answering you is just an asshole dick move. I understand and would be annoyed as well if someone bashed me for something I sold that I was positive worked, but id at least be willing to meet up with the person and try installing it back in your car or help him try to get it to work in his and go from there, rather than having my unders in a bunch and saying " not my problem anymore"

This isnt craigslist with random people you will never see or hear from again its more of a community based on respect and the love of automobiles. Yes this site is a dramatic ,off track ,shit show /circus most of the time, but when people actually do buy and sell things on here they would like it to be as smooth as possible as it should be. Especially when it comes to members that have both been on here for some time and have good reputations. Both of you man up stop the whining and bitching and being ignorant assholes and resolve it like men do, not immature little high school bitches.

god I should be a moderator with how much time I waste reading this kind of shit on a daily basis.

:tup: to Luke.

I don’t know what happened, but I know 02NismoSpecV isn’t new to installing automotive electronics.

so i stopped by Luke’s after work today and we took a look at everything. checked connections with a meter and everything panned out ok. then turned the radio on and the amp works fine. so problem solved. dont know how it starting working but im happy.

so i guess this thread is worthless now lol. but no idea why it never worked the other 10 times i tried to get it functioning

LOL

Glad all is right in the world

eeeeeeek embarassing! but glad it works =)

:tup:

NEWB. I still want to hit something at your garage with a hammer.

Dont you owe him an apology then?

Exactly why I said no way I’d offer a refund either.

I will say this.

1. There was nothing wrong with the AMP.

2. There was nothing wrong with the way it was installed.

The Sub was disconnected when he showed up so I could debug the wiring without having a load on the system. I traced from the Battery to the AMP and double checked the ground. I wouldn’t have done anything differently. I told him that the AMP is fine. But, I had a spare MRP-650 (2 acutally) sitting in my basement if we wanted to absolutely rule it out.

Re-connected the speakers and all was good. I believed it to be a connection issue. So I put new terminals on the speaker output.

These things just happen. That is why I was willing to dig into it. You never know.

:gotme:

I’m glad the AMP and Sub are good. But, I hope these two burry the hatchet.

Luke and his electronics knowledge can tackle any project! Well done, man…