bad idle

ok so so my b16a dosent want to stay idleing… has a very very low idle… the ecu spits a code of 14 witch is the idle air control valve (IAC) and its pluged in to the back of the intake manifold but still has a horribale idle… help?

Iac is bad

vac lines are bad

these are good places to start.

i had a bad tps give me similar problems and a simple cleaning fixed it. but, since the ecu is telling you iac, i would start with that.

aight thanks

IAC valves get clogged with carbon. See if you can clean it with some carb cleaner.

instead of being penny wise dollar foolish, replace the sensor

What sensor? Before or after he cleans the valve?

also try a different ecu. i had the same code with my car and i put 3 iacv’s in my car, same problem. tried a different ecu and that fixed it.

^ Please start cheap before you replace your ECU.

lol don’t forget to swap your motor. You might also want to buy a different car and try that just in case it’s how you drive.

obviously start cheap. thats just what i had to do. just giving him more ideas on what it could be.

well i got all that fixed i had a vac line ran to tha wrong spot and i had the wrong plug pluged in to tha iac plug… the only thing that i am haveing trouble with now is once its running and it warms up tha rpms drop but they drop well past 200 rpms …