messed up idle

when my car is just sitting, sometimes the rpm would drop just a little to maybe 500-600rpm then just go back to normal 750rpm. someone told me that it is the IAC i just have to take it out and give it a good clean. is this the case? and where is the IAC located
thanks

I’d also say try cleaning the IACV, I don’t have a pic, but you can find it buried in the intake mani.

When my car was doing that I sprayed some TB cleaner in, and it helped, but did not eliminate the problem.

Holy shit, enough people having problems with idle and shit.

Must some crazy plague upon us. :noes:

I personally think it’s the weather…

it’s been acking on both of my nissans for the pass week

like it choking…

water came out of my 200’s exhaust , after it ran for a while… it went away

my maxima kinda stutters when I start it…
when I step on the gas… it bubbles… like it won’t rev… just like a gargle… same w/ the 200 as well

I bet they put some new stuff in the gas and is causing crap to happen like this

Idle Air Control Valve for sure… in some cases just cleaning it out and re-sealing it etc will fix the problem.

Its just in a horrible spot.

Idle Air Control Valve for sure… in some cases just cleaning it out and re-sealing it etc will fix the problem.

Its just in a horrible spot.[/quote]

I took my IACV out, cleaned it, checked plungers for sticking. Looks fine.

Its just in a horrible spot.[/quote]

I took my IACV out, cleaned it, checked plungers for sticking. Looks fine.[/quote]

Lol, Gonad and his thread jacking. … dude, fix your car already.

Lol, Gonad and his thread jacking. … dude, fix your car already.[/quote]

Whoops…

But you made it sound like you were 100% sure its that issue. Which it
could not be. So I thought I’d give my situation so that they know that
it could be the IACV but don’t put all your money on it.

^^^ your car dies thou right?

only time a iacv should make the car die/not want to start is during the winter when its cold “cause the cold air idle wont wanna kick in”

but the idle control valve will make the idle dip from normal to 600 say then back to normal.

sometimes even “say @ 4000rpm” you push the clutch in and the rpm will fall to 500-600 then goto its normal idle

Do you have AC and are you useing it? If you are and the clutch kicks in then the engine will idle down. The ecu is wired to know when AC comes on and will bring up the rpm via IAC or FIDLE valve ( fast idle valve) but if for some reason the comp is not getting signal the AC is on then when the Ac clutch kicks in it will load the engine and idle will drop.

Just a diff opinion. But it could IACV.

ya i got AC but thats fine, when i turn AC on the rpm is about 1000 and doesnt really dip only when AC is off it dips to 500 even lower sometimes.

[quote=“Gonad”]

Lol, Gonad and his thread jacking. … dude, fix your car already.

Whoops…

But you made it sound like you were 100% sure its that issue. Which it
could not be. So I thought I’d give my situation so that they know that
it could be the IACV but don’t put all your money on it.[/quote]

… thats some prestty weaksauce quoting there Gonad.

The TPS tells the computer what the throttle position is if its broken it relies on the MAFS. If it is on warm up and the ECU does not detect TPS, it uses the MAFS but the cold AIV valve is open so it messes up and there is a hesitation till the ECU works it out. … it also makes the ECU make the iidle go up and down because its not sure of the TPS.

The reason i said that B240’s problem is TPS because he only mentioned a hesitation on warm up right when he touches the trottle, maybe he wrote it wrong. I dunno.

I’m gonna stay outta this one now… :wavey: