Bad news for premium gas buyers?

I keep reading all these articles about how people are opting out on premium gas for regular.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060714/us_nm/energy_gasoline_premium_dc

Do you think this is bad for the ones that will keep buying premium because the gas will be sitting in the tanks at the station longer? Or do they do an as-needed inventory?

well that might explain the reason my car has been running a little iffier than it used to. geez, i hate this oil bullshit. i need to learn how to make my own lol

people are so fucking stupid…it’s like $4 more per tank

Yeah, really. The average American commute is 16 miles, at estimated 20mpg, it’s still less than $100 a year difference for $3-reg $3.2 prem.

:word: its like when people drive 30 min to fill their tank at the rez. they burn more gas getting there and back then they are saving

actually, i was at a noco that didn’t have 93. it was weird. there was an empty spot where it used to be.

not to mention cars that suggest prem octane will most likely get worse milage with lower grade shit

my car runs like ass on 87, slow & pingy F T L

Hasn’t premium always been $0.20 more?

So now premium is actually cheaper (percentage wise).

What about all those douchebags that wait in line forever and deal with all the BS to get $.05 off a gallon on Tuesdays. I think its hillarous the lengths people go to save $0.75 on a tank of gas. :roll: Shit, I’ll pay these people $0.75 to get teh F#ck out of my way!

“$20 in gas on pump number 5 and i’ll take one of those $20 win for life scratch off tickets,these gas prices really suck”

:lol:

Race fuel ftw

if your car doesn’t need the higher octane rating, then your just wasting your money.

but it’s not that much money, so who cares? At 10 cents per grade upgrade, you’re talking $2.40 more on premium than regular on a 12 gallon fill-up. Also, fix your grammar.

u can even find places that have it cheaper than that $.05 off price

There are some people here who’s cars really need 91+, and there are a whole lot more who just like to play boy racer and pretend their car needs 91+ and try to say they can feel the difference in their stock geo when they run 94 vs 87.

I can feel the difference between 89 and 87 on my car…if it’s moving, it’s got 89. 87 makes it stall, no matter what gas station I get it from. It’s kinda gay.

lol? Then you might want to worry about more than just octane levels

Wow.
So if you have a 50 gallon tank in your truck and you go from premium to regular you go from $160 per fill up to $150. Big deal. :gotme:

well, I’ve been using 89 for as long as I’ve owned it, except for the first couple months, so It might not even do that anymore. I did get a lot of rehabilitating maintenance done in that time…bought used.