Badnewsmini= SCUMBAG

EDIT: I ADDRESSED MIKE ABOUT THIS 1ST, ONLY REASON IM POSTING IS BECAUSE HIS ATTITUDE/LACK OF REMORSE. KARMA WILL GET YOU MIKE.

im sure alot of know mike. he active on the board, buys/sells alot of shit, and has a pretty nice yellow evo. well lemme tell you something… mike is a scumbag.

heres the story. of how mike and i met. he wanted to buy my 93 passat i had for sale last winter. he came out, made the deal, he drove it home (with my plates). well, the car had a problem a week later, some misfire. i offered to come out and diagnose/fix it, he never got back to me about it, so i figured everything was fine. FAST FORWARD TO 10 DAYS AGO.

i arranged to buy his 96 integra gsr sedan from him for $3600. he wanted $4500 but agreed to come down on price because his wife had just scuffed up the rear bumper from backing into something. well, i got to his house to buy the car. bumper was alot worse than he described, but whatever. the car was FILTHY. i mean horrible, gross, everything inside was sticky, but whatever. he took the hard-to-find dohc vtec badge off the back, left the sticky residue, and lost the badge, whatever. the exhaust also rattled terribly, and the muffler was shot. again, whatever, its a used car, no big deal, little shit i can fix. then i looked down at where the car was parked before i went on a test drive. there i found a few oil drips. he claimed the car “leaked nothing, burned nothing” and told me the drips were from his brothers jetta. i looked under the car to find the drips WERE NOT from his jetta, but from the transmission of the gsr. i was kinda pissed, and told him. he said “wow, i’ve never seen that before, the trans has always shifted fine”. he also said he had changed the oil a few times, and so i trusted that if there was anything seriously wrong, he would know about it. so i said fuck it, im sure its something dumb like an axle seal, and left with the car for $3400 ($200 off for the drip) FAST FORWARD TO TODAY.

i jacked the car up to #1 test fit my new lip, and #2 diagnose the oil leak from the trans. well, much to my dismay, i found the oil leak from the trans right away. there are THREE gashes in the transmission, probably from hitting some type of LARGE rock. the car is stock height, so this would not have been from scraping due to lowering. if this was all i found, then i still wouldnt blame the problem on mike, maybe he really didnt know about them, maybe they just happened recently when his wife was driving. again, i would love to give him the benefit of the doubt, but there IS JB WELD ON TWO OF THE THREE CRACKS. if he had changed the oil himself, which i know he did, there is NO WAY you could miss these cracks. Mike lied to me in front of his Wife, his mother, and my girlfriend. what a scumbag.

now i know the car is AS-IS. i know there are no warranties. i know he legally owes me NOTHING. the RIGHT thing to do would be for you to give me some money to fix it mike, but you wont do that.

just wanted to say, FUCK YOU MAN.

Brett

heres that pic i promised.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/BS121084/trannycrack.jpg

Why didn’t you take a closer look if you thought there was a problem? and if they are as severe as you are trying to lead us to believe, wouldn’t you have 0 tranny fluid…

i trusted him. we had met before, he was a stand up guy, gave me a vouch on here and was all around just a cool dude.

he told me he had changed the oil in the car himself. he also told me it had NO PROBLEMS.

the cracks are a little higher up than the bottom, so about a 1/2 quart (of the 2 quart capacity) could stay in it.

not to stick up for someone that fucked you but…
#1 you noticed the leak
#2 if you saw a leak wouldn’t you want to know where it was coming from before you bought it?
#3 if you would have learned never to trust somones word when buying something as is you would have seen how bad it was
#4 sorry you had to learn the hard way…

i like mike and we have dealt with each other many times, but buying a used car you have to really look it over.

not if there is jb weld sealing them. :ham:

Did you address him before posting?

THIS WILL BE LOCKED SOON.

Annnndddddd, there it is…

Why trust anyone at all, that isn’t someone you’re related to?

Sounds harsh, but that’s just life…

People, and what they’re capable of, will never cease to amaze me…

Ok? So if it works so well, JB Weld the last “scrape” and call it a day.

I hope that you talked to him before doing this.

I don’t know mike, but I just don’t like seeing people ruining anothers reputation on assumptions.

Totally sucks that this happened, I feel for you because i’ve had similar situations. Hopefully it all works out.

lol i find it hard to beleive you’d give the same answer if it was your car in question and not someone elses.

that is pretty shady if infact he did know it was jb welded like that. but like you said theres really nothing legally you can do…

mike probably drove it on the shoulder of the road to pass someone and hit something. :hang:

yes i addressed him 1st. i called him and spoke with him 5 minutes before posting.

he ADMITTED to knowing the jb weld was there. im in the process of re-jbing it right now. my friend might have a spare outer tranny case, so i might be able to just swap it. problem is, now i have to pull the tranny, which is something i specifically told mike i DIDNT want to do with this car.

so because u didnt look over the car really close or take it to a mechanic he is scumbag

i AM a mechanic. thats why im fixing the car. i DID look over the car, and all it was was a little drip on the ground. if it had been any bigger, i would have worried more about it. the leak was MUCH worse than i thought, because the crack was just above the level of the transmission fluid when i bought the car. once i filled it up, it leaked at least a full quart out over the course of a day.

You didn’t look the car over in full detail. Its your fault. I did the same thing when I bought my Blazer from XXXX. I got screwed because I didn’t look it over. You live and learn.

^

When you buy AS-IS, even from family you have to take that approach. That said, it is quite unfortunate.

That sucks! Sorry. The fact that he knew about it and lied is the worst part. But i hope it all works out 4 ya

That sucks! Sorry. The fact that he knew about it and lied is the worst part. But i hope it all works out 4 ya

And not a very good one at that. :lol:

Next time you see a suspect car, don’t buy it. :shrug: IF it drips, walk away. If it is in worse condition than you were told when you got there, walk away. Do your research on the person you are purchasing from. It’s that simple. You had all the warning signs in front of you, and you still handed over your money.

This one is all on you man, regardless of whether badnewsmini (what, the screen name didn’t send off warning bells?) screwed you or not.

I’m sure there are two sides to this story, so I can’t wait :drama2:

Please post pics of the cracks, because if they are as bad as you say they are, you should hand in your mechanic’s certification.